Jump on-board with Nate Hills from when he was out here two years ago for the Heli-Enduro! PRESS RELEASE: Canadian National Enduro Series
Welcome to Round #2, Revelstoke, of the Norco Canadian Enduro Series presented by Live to Play Sports.
Revelstoke is one of our all-time favourite riding destinations, and we are excited to showcase a number of different zones and trails. Revelstoke has earned its place on the map as an outdoor recreation mecca. The opportunities are endless, the people are friendly, and the community is top notch. We don't know which we're going to love more - riding Revy's amazing trails, or enjoying a cold Mt Begbie Brewing pint and some tasty Taco Club tacos after the race! TRAIL LOVE
This weekend is a big one, with stage 1 on Saturday on Crowbar at Revelstoke Mountain Resort, and stages 2 through 6 at Frisby and Boulder on Saturday.
The crew at Revelstoke Cycling Association work hard to make Revelstoke's trails one of a kind. This year, we required everyone who signed up for the race to be members of the Revelstoke Cycling Association so we can support their efforts. We are stoked that we were able to give back to the local trail association.
We'd like to challenge our riders to buy a membership to the local club in all the communities we ride in, and to make sure they're giving back. We're lucky enough to have access to an incredible recreational resource, and it's essential that mountain bikers recognize and respect the hard work that goes into our trails!
The riding in Revelstoke is 100% guaranteed to put a smile on your face!
This year we've got a few new programs to create some fun for the whole family, bringing it back to the roots with more prizes and entertainment, so check the following:Skookum Cycle and Ski Mechanic Station
The fine folks from Skookum Revelstoke will be out providing mechanical services for our riders. We have a feeling that with this course, your bike might need some pre and post ride love. Let the pros handle it!SMRT Tent and Cedar Axe Throwing
Come say hi to Lindsey and Cody at the SMRT Tent display, and while you're there, try your hand at some axe throwing brought to you by Cedar Axe Throwing out of Salmon Arm!SMITH Thrills and Spills Timed Descent
The SMITH Thrills & Spills Timed Descent is a special stage, where racers have a chance at winning cold hard cash! At each race throughout the season, @Mikey_Coulter, NCES representative and videographer, will be on the search for a rider who has experienced the wildest Thrills and Spills of the stage. Mikey is armed with $75 for the man and woman who needs a little extra encouragement!
So how do you win!? At each race look for the stage with the SMITH archways, these stages are all about the Thrills & Spills, and are designed to not necessarily test your speed but to add a different level of fun at each event. Before, after and during this stage, @Mikey_Coulter, may surprise you with some love, so make sure you get well acquainted with him and tell him your story!
Full contest details here We Are One Rim Swap Fiesta
During the apres, don’t forget to try your hand and time yourself as you try to swap a tire from one #HandlaidInCanada
rim to another. The winner, takes home a pair of Carbon Rims, by We Are One! The game is simple, take a tire off of a #HandLaidInCanada
carbon rim, and put it back on. The fastest time takes home the rim set!
Those Revelstoke views tho!
We're switching it up this year, no more confusing, long-winded emails, simply click the link below and read our Event Brief. If you still need more information, go to our website. If you're still lost, well, good luck finding Stage 2.
• The climb route is an ACTIVE gravel hauling route from approximately 7:00 - 4:00 pm Monday-Saturday. Racers who ride before Saturday do so at their own risk. Riders looking to pedal on Thursday/Friday do so after 4:00pm to avoid interaction with hauling.
• The roads will be closed for racers shuttling as of Thursday at 6:00am.
• No shuttling is allowed for Day 1 or Day 2 practice or race day
• Racers caught shuttling will be disqualified.
• Stage 2 will ONLY be open for practice from 8:00 - 10:00 am on Saturday, June 1st.
• Stage 1 will be raced Saturday, June 1st- read more below.
• Full Face Helmets are MANDATORY, for ALL Racers
• Helmets must be worn at all times while on course
• We have a rulebook now but don't worry, it's just common-sense...well, for some. Check it out on our website.
• For further important information, please check out our Event Brief.
These events do not happen without our dedicated volunteers! If you're interested in volunteering at some of our events, please reach out and let us know how we can make your summer exceptional!
We're always looking for the following:
• Course Sweep
• Course Clear (rides behind the sweep and cleans course marking)
• Food Station
• Course Marshals
• Registration Table - Early start, early finish, interacting with the riders
• First-Aid - Must be comfortable with hiking/biking to your spot and be a minimum of WFR. We do offer paid positions.
• Finish Line Support - Hang out at the finish line
What we offer:
• Free sandwich and apres meal/beer on event day
• Free entry to any race this year! If redeeming for your kids/spouse you'll receive 75% off.
• Volunteer for more than two races and receive an additional free race!
• Free lift ticket for events based at resorts.
• High school Volunteer Hours for students!
• Event T-Shirt!
If you're keen, register here as volunteer
Thanks to all our volunteers, you are the backbone of the racing community!
The Canadian National Enduro Series is supported by:
Riding in Revelstoke is all about community. Henning Schipper is a long time volunteer and outright shredder.
A massive thank-you to this year's series sponsors and supporters and anyone who Volunteered with us and anyone who helped with a shuttle, a beer or a spare tube! Need something? More information?
• Visit our Website
• Athlete Inquires & Volunteer Information | Robyn Goldsmith firstname.lastname@example.org
• All other inquiries | email@example.com (Event Director)