It is not often that a season ends so late in France. This year, the French Cup Enduro Series finished on Halloween in a new venue outside the main continent, in Corsica. What better place to race whilst also taking time to enjoy the surroundings with the family. This was the plan for the new Corsica Bike Festival, which for its first event was remarkably successful. The start list was full in the men's field, and everybody was excited to discover the region of l’Île Rousse from a mountain biker's perspective.
The race follows a rally format with almost 100km and 3200m D+ on two days, and 160km 5500m D+ for the eBike field. The stages were mainly a mix of long rocky and gnarly sections, intersected by some street race segments in picturesque Corsican villages.
With Cece Camoin limited by brain trauma protocol, it is Nathan Secondi and Lisandru Bertini who were responsible for representing Corsica. And they did really well. Nathan wins the scratch, and Lisandru wins the junior category with a 3rd scratch.
Being the last race of the season, the champs were crowned. Thee suspense was really high in the Men's and Junior Male categories. In the Men's race, Eliott Baud had 24 points to catch up to Albin Cambos, and in the Juniors just 25 points separated the top6 riders. It is near 0.
In the end, Eliott Baud took the overall by only two points with a second place, while Albin Cambos was really impressive, catching up the 4th place after being sick all weekend long. He must be really disappointed, but they showed us a really tight and exciting race. In the Junior field, it is finally Géraud Heine that takes the win for 1 point over Maël Feron.
The eBike category was really full of champs coming from many corners of the mountain bike world. Specifically: Thibaut Daprela, Yannick Pontal, Adrien Dailly, Damien Oton, Kevin Marry, Remy Absalon and even JP Bruni, Loïc’s dad. It was Levy Batista who was competing with Diego Giordanengo for the title. After 2 days of battling, Thibaut Daprela stole the show by winning many stages, and by a good margin in the downhill segments. Second was Kevin Marry, and Levy Batista in third. Damien Oton and Yannick Pontal had good speed, but suffered from mechanic issues. Levy Batista takes the overall the two Moustache boys, Diego Giordanengo and Kenny Muller.
1. SECONDI Nathan 33'27,04 (Alpana)
2. BAUD Eliott 33'39,55 (Passe Partout VTT Macon)
3. BERTINI Lisandru 33'47,79 (Lapierre Zip Collective)
4. CAMBOS Albin 33'56,35 (Vélo Club du Thoré)
5. MONETTI Lucas 34'02,60 (vtt rando 04 Digne les Bains)
1. CHABBERT Claire 39'11,45 (JPA Enduro Team)
2. LASSUS Alizés 39'24,08 (Commencal les orres / Frejus gravity)
3. BOULADOU Lisa 39'28,80 (X1 racing)
4. PLANQUART Lily 40'33,08 (Tribal Sport Gémenos)
5. REY Charlotte 40'59,03 (Tribe Pyrenees Gravity)
1. BAUD Eliott 1689pt
2. CAMBOS Albin 1687pt
3. FRESQUET Axel 1469pt
4. MILLE Thimoté 1326pt
5. GIAMBI Raphaël 1281pt
1. REY Charlotte 1110pt
2. CHAMAILLARD Sarah 918pt
3. MURIGNEUX Axelle 874pt
4. SIMONIN Laura 733pt
5. HENRY Justines 648pt
1. DAPRELA Thibaut 51'51,43 (ommencal mucoff by Riding addiction)
2. MARRY Kevin 52'25,81 (Lapierre Overvolt Team)
3. BATISTA Levy 53'26,09 (VTT Fun Club / Tribe Pyrenees Gravity)
4. GIORDANENGO Diego 54'16,93 (E-Team Moustache)
5. DAILLY Adrien 54'20,72 (Lapierre Zipp Collective)
1. BATISTA Levy 432pt
2. GIORDANENGO Diego 390pt
3. MULLER Kenny 334pt
4. MARRY Kevin 230pt
5. QUERE Nicolas 221pt
: @mtbevents @corsicabikefestival @ilerousse / @mariebatista / @batcom /