JUNIOR MEN - RESULTS:
1st Andrew Crimmins 3:42.706
2nd Jacob Dickson 3:45.793
3rd Laurie Greenland 3:46.068
- Andrew Crimmins dominates, finishing 3 seconds in front of everyone.
- Remy Morton goes down in the last split, an unfortunate end for the young Australian.
- Once again the gap at the top appears and is even bigger today. The rest of the pack find themselves over 3.5 seconds back from the box.
- Laurie Greenland lands a mechanical and ends his run chainless.
- Looks like Alex Marin had a spill in the last split, he was fastest at split 2 and ended up finishing way off the pace back in mid pack.
ELITE WOMEN - RESULTS:
1st Rachel Atherton
2nd Tahnee Seagrave
3rd Emmeline Ragot
- Manon Carpenter goes through the outrageous course taping right after the landing of the final jump.
- Tahnee Seagrave lays down an absolute stormer and was completely lit through the entire course.
- Miranda Miller, local to Pinkbike HQ in Squamish, finally puts her recent injury nightmares to bed with her best ever result - 8th spot. Well done Miranda!
ELITE MEN - RESULTS:
1st Aaron Gwin
2nd Connor Fearon
3rd Remy Thirion
- GWIN HAD NO CHAIN! From watching the footage it looked like he broke it out the gate too, notice that he cased the first jump and looked down.
- According to the speed trap, looks like everyone was 4-5 km/h slower through it than in practice. Turns out the wind was right in riders faces, which makes Gwin's run even more incredible.
- Connor Fearon may have gone through the tape over the rock drop, but official results confirm he has not been DQ'd.
- When Troy Brosnan beat Bruni by over 2 seconds the wind had almost completely dropped and the temperature rose. Anyone before that may have been riding in worse conditions.
- Greg Minnaar hit his helmet peak on the start gate and ended up 0.3 seconds behind Brosnan. He was pretty antagonised at the finish line.
- Steve Smith crashed on a dusty corner and blew his chances of a repeat of the 2013 victory.
- Brook MacDonald did not run his brake damper on his Session.