Southeastern Gravity Series, Round Three - Beech Mountain Resort August 22-23
All information provided by the event organizers. If you have questions about the below details, please contact the venue itself (at the bottom of the page)Where:
Beech Mountain Resort
1007 Beech Mountain Parkway
Beech Mountain, NC 28604 United StatesMap It
GPS: 36.196662, -81.879398Schedule:
Friday, August 21th
• 12:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m., Normal Park "Open" Hours
Saturday, August 22nd
• 9:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., Race Registration in the in Beech Mountain Brewing Co.($15 LATE FEE)
• 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 pm, Downhill Practice (Please note that the bike park will be open to the public. Course practice will be TBD and open to registered racers only.)
Sunday, August 23rd
• 9:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m., Pre-Registered Riders ONLY – Race Packet Pickup in Beech Mountain Brewing Co.
• 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m., Downhill Practice(Please note that the bike park will be open to the public. Course practice will be TBD and open to registered racers only.)
• 11:30 a.m., Start List Posted beside Quad Lift
• 12:15 p.m., Racer’s Meeting (Mandatory at Lift in front of Beech Tree)
• 1:00 p.m., Downhill StartRegistration:
• Online Via USA Cycling
• Online registration closes at 10:00 p.m. MDT August 20, 2015.
• If you are a Beech Mountain Season Pass Holder, please see the info/instructions on the registration link. Course Description:
• Still TBD, but per the Beech Mountain Trail Crew, rumor is it will be or contain some or most of the Pro Course. Bring on the Carolina rocks!
• Juniors will be racing on the same course this yearSeries Rules:
• All racers must have a USAC licenses. One day licenses can be purchased on-site for Cat 2 and 3 ONLY. Online access to USA Cycling website will be provided. Cat 1 and Pro licenses cannot be purchased on-site, only from USA Cycling via a request for an upgrade to USA Cycling at USA Cycling.
• Upgrades or Downgrades: If racer upgrades or downgrades classes he/she will lose ALL points.
• Race Plates: Racer must have race place on at all times to be on the course. Race plate must not be cut at any area around the sponsor or race number, and must be placed on front of handlebars.
• Awards: Venue has the right to change the cash payout or combine classes if there are not 5 in a category. You must race at the series Championships and be at the awards ceremony to be eligible for the cash payout. The top 5 in every category class will make the podium, 1st, 2nd and 3rd will receive medals, 4th and 5th will be recognized.
• The Venues may enhance prize packages with prizes/swag. It is up to each venue to select medals and prize packages for each race. Venues have the options to change cash payout as long as minimum is met.
• There are no refunds once registered. Race times are subject to change. Please see race flyer for details or contact the promoter for more information.
• USA Cycling, Inc. will refund your registration fee to you should the event be cancelled or postponed for one of the following reasons and not rescheduled within 90 days:
• Adverse weather - that is outside of what can be expected on a day to day basis, which occurs or is occurring in the period up to 72 hours prior to the Event and within 100 mile radius of the organized event location. It does not mean the threat of Adverse Weather.
• Natural Catastrophe - earthquake, tsunami, flood, volcanic eruption, hurricane, tornado, forest fire and/or any other extraordinary meteorological event causing widespread damage within 100 mile radius of the organized event location. It does not mean the threat of a Natural Catastrophe.
• Terrorism - this means an act or series of acts, including the use of force or violence, of any person or group(s) of persons, whether acting alone or on behalf of or in connection with any organization(s), committed for political, religious or ideological purposes including the intention to influence any government and/or to put the public in fear for such purposes in the period up to 72 hours prior to the Insured Event(s) and within 100 mile radius of the organized event location. It does not mean the threat of an act of Terrorism.
• Please note that we will not provide any refund should an event be cancelled once it has started. We will also not provide a refund if the event is rescheduled to take place within 90 days of the original commencement date of the event.
• Should the event be cancelled for any other reason than explicitly stated above USA Cycling, Inc. is unable guarantee a refund of your registration fee, however you may be due one from the event organizer. Awards:Individual Event Awards:
• Awards will be given for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places in all categories. 4th and 5th will be recognized on the podium.
• Minimum cash payout for regular series race is below:
• Male Pro - $500 $300 $200
• Female Pro - $500 $300 $200
• Minimum $2,000 Cash payout per regular series race
• Venue has the right to change the cash payout or combine classes if there are not 5 in a category. You must be at the awards ceremony to be eligible for the cash payout. The top 5 in every category class will make the podium, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd will receive medals, 4th and 5th will be recognized. Series/Championship Awards:
• Awards will be given for 1st, 2nd and 3rd places in all categories. 4th and 5th will be recognized on the podium. Rider must be present to be eligible for awards. No awards will be mailed.
• Champion will be determined by most points earned in 3 out of 4 races in the series.
• Female Pro $1000, $400, $300, $200, $100.
• Male Pro $1000, $400, $300, $200, $100.
• Championship payout $4,000.Series Points:
• Racers will earn points for each race to count towards championships. Racer must be at championship to qualify as series Champion.
• Racers top 3 races in the series will count towards championships. In the event of a tie, overall times at the final race will determine the winner.
• Results from Round 1 at Massanutten
• Results from Round 2 at Bryce Resort
NOTE: Points will also be assigned for positions 11-40... though not pictured above. To see more info and the number of points awarded for these positions, please visit: Series Rules WebpageEvent Web Links:Event Web Page Beech Mountain Resort WebsiteBeech Mountain FB PageSoutheastern Gravity Series WebsiteArea Visitor Guides or Information:Beech Mountain ResortBeech Mountain, Town ofBanner Elk, Town of
- About 7 miles awayBoone Visitors Information
- About 25 miles awayHotel Style Lodging:4 Seasons at BeechAlpen InnPinnacle Inn ResortTop of BeechArcher's Mountain InnBest Western Banner Elk
- About 7 miles away
Note: There are a number of "chain" hotels located in Boone as it's a "larger" city than Beech/Banner Elk. A simple internet search will show available locations - About 25 miles awayHouse and/or Condo Lodging:Action Realty Rentals (Accommodations Center)Go Beech Chalet RentalsBeech Mountain Realty and Rentals (Charlie's)Carolina Cabin RentalsFoscoe RentalsBeech Mountain Chalet RentalsVCI RentalsEmerald Mountain RentalsChristie Village CondosMountain Mike Realty (Above the Horizon)vrbo.com
- Search with Beech Mountainhomeaway.comLocal Area Camping:The Little Campground
- About 12 miles awayGrandfather Mountain Campground
- About 14 miles away
NOTE: As of 2014, camping is NOT currently allowed on the grounds of Beech Mountain ResortPlaces to Re-Fuel:
Famous Brick Oven Pizzeria
Fred's Mercantile Deli
Jackalope's View and Vault Bar
Mile High Tavern
Valle de Bravo
Note: There also a number of places in the town of Banner Elk, about 7 miles away. Contact Info:
Contact Beech Mountain via E-mail
Contact the Southeastern Gravity Series via E-mail