PRESS RELEASE: Summit Bike Park
The Summit Bike Park in Big Bear Lake is set to open for the 2020 season, with daily operations beginning June 12. While a few things will be different this year (more on that below), the park will still be dialed and ready to welcome riders for the summer season.
As is the case every spring, Summit’s Trail Crew has been busy taking on the daunting task of converting the previously snow-covered ski resort into a fully functioning bike park. Over the past several weeks the team has spent countless hours getting the trails ready for opening day, including Going Green, Turtle Trail, Small Wonder, Miracle Mile, and 10-Ply, which debuted before last year’s FOX U.S. Open of Mountain Biking.
The Trail Crew has also been rehabbing several trails that traverse Snow Summit’s property footprint, including Pirates, Fall Line, Dickies, and Plumbers as part of the resort’s continued commitment to the Big Bear Trails Foundation Adopt-A-Trail program.
Please note: several base-area skill builder trails, including Average Joes, Globogym, the mulch pit, and pump track will be unavailable until further notice, but the children’s pump track is scheduled to open to the public soon.
To accommodate county/state health guidelines, several new policies will be implemented at Summit Bike Park this summer, including:
- Chairlift capacity will be limited to two (2) guests per carrier with guests responsible for loading their own bikes onto the chairlifts.
- Bike Park lift tickets and season passes may be purchased online, by email, or by calling 844.GO2.BEAR. We strongly advise purchasing lift products and filling out the liability waiver in advance to avoid unnecessary time spent in the base area.
- Bike Park season passes will be available for pick-up at the Snow Summit ticket windows beginning Monday, June 8, from 9AM-3PM.
- Guests should wear a face mask and follow social distancing guidelines (6 feet apart) in the parking lot, base area, or in the presence of others.
- Line mazes will be reconfigured to help guests maintain proper social distancing while in line for the lift, but we ask for your cooperation in maintaining proper distance throughout the property.
- Bike and safety equipment rentals will be available, with full sterilization protocols in line with CDC guidelines between users.
- Guests who do not comply with the resort’s amended operating policies may be refused service and/or be asked to leave the property.
For a full list of operational changes in effect at Summit Bike Park this summer, click here