Let's go for the TrailTrophy season 2021! Despite the current difficult situation, we do not bury our heads in the sand and plan with four events this year.
At the same time, the integration of the Alpine Enduro Series into the TrailTrophy provides for some novelties: Blind stages, compulsory training, duo classification, a maximum of two race days and prologue.
Since the Alpine Enduro Series will not take place in 2021, some features will be integrated into the TrailTrophy format. So it is possible to continue to serve the most diverse preferences of the participants and to incorporate the varying demands of the trails.
For those who like the special feeling of surfing through a freshly cut trail, we have planned that these will be ridden "blind".
Nevertheless, participants will not be denied a day of training. Except for the TT in the Harz Mountains, the TrailTrophy has two race days on Saturday and Sunday. Thus, certain stages can be visited voluntarily on Friday before the race. If the difficulty level of certain stages requires it, in addition a mandatory training for these selected Stages is prescribed.
The prologue serves to determine the starting order for the first day of the race - but will be included in the classification as an independent stage. Those who do not take part in the prologue will receive a penalty time.
The team classification is also new: Since the DUO class enjoyed great popularity in the Alpine Enduro Series, this classification continues to make it possible to race the stages together with your bike buddy in a train. The duo classifications Women, Men and Mixed complete the classes and provide for proper atmosphere on the stages. The stage time of the slower rider is judged.
As in previous years, the series will start in St. Andreasberg in the Harz Mountains on June 05th and 06th. A combination of one day of training and one day of racing offers the perfect start to the enduro season.
Ines Thomas on on her way to the best time of the day.
Also in 2021, the opening race awaits with fresh stages.
From July 9th to 11th, the TrailTrophy will be held for the first time in the Brandnertal valley in Voralberg (Austria). The region, which until now has been better known among downhill fans, awaits with long enduro trails in a class of their own. From idyllic single trails between cow pastures to winding steep descents, everything is there for an unforgettable race weekend.
Besides the extremely fun trails in the bike park...
...there are also breathtaking single trails to discover!
It continues with the 3Länder Enduro Race in Nauders/Reschenpass from August 27th to 29th, which will be integrated into the TT series in 2021. Long and natural stages at EWS level await the participants.
Afterwards, a cold drink or two can be consumed at the event site next to Lake Reschen.
Dream trails with a dream view - that's what enduro racing at Reschenpass stands for.
Concentration is required in the stone fields!
As in 2020, the TrailTrophy finals will take place at the Geißkopf in Bischofsmais from September 18th to 19th. The Geißkopf celebrated its TrailTrophy premiere last year and convinced with many fresh stages all along the line.
Freshly cut stages for the final round.
Four scheduled stops mean that there will be no strike result for the 2021 series standings. So if you're aiming for honors and high-value prizes, you'd better secure a starting spot for each of the four races quickly.
Finish the day with a beer.
Corona Update: Of course, we as organizers are doing our utmost to have all races in 2021 take place as planned. However, due to the pandemic, no one can make an absolutely reliable forecast. Therefore, there is still a certain risk of cancellation due to official orders. To cover this risk, the registration process and the entry fees are divided into two parts: 20% of the entry fees secure your starting place and at the same time cover the considerable planning effort of the destinations and Bike Projects. In case of a race cancellation, this 20% remains with the organizer and thus secures not only the other races in 2021, but also the 2022 season and beyond. The remaining 80% of the entry fees will be refunded without deductions in case of cancellation.
Registration for the first race, the TrailTrophy St. Andreasberg, will open on February 18th, 2021.