Video: Ethan Nell Shreds The YT Decoy in Utah

Oct 30, 2019
by YT Industries

Earlier this year we launched our first e-enduro, the Decoy. What better way to put it to the test than send one to Ethan Nell in Utah, a place renowned within mountain biking for exposed cliffs, huge jumps and terrain that only the best in the world can ride. E-mtbs open a new world of mountain biking for every rider, allowing more trails to be accessible and giving you the opportunity to explore trails you only dreamed of before!

bigquotesI was blown away by the Decoy. It looks great and feels just like a Capra. My favourite part about this e-enduro is the fact that it turns lame, slow trails into fast, flowy jump trails. It’s rad!Ethan Nell

Join us below and see how Ethan Nell enjoys his Decoy in this photo story shot by Ale Di Lullo, whilst filming with Rupert Walker.

Disclaimer:
Warning! Pictures were taken with professional riders on a closed course. Do not attempt.
Achtung! Die abgebildeten Manöver wurden von Extremsportlern unter kontrollierten Bedingungen durchgeführt. Nicht nachmachen.

• 27 3
 I just hate them cuz I cant afford them lol
  • 7 4
 Exactly
  • 2 0
 Someone speaks truth to the hate mob.
  • 2 0
 Femke Van Den Driessche should take advantage of her infamy and be the poster child for E-bikes. That would be hilarious!

www.core77.com/posts/46229/Pro-Racing-Cyclist-Caught-With-Motor-Hidden-Inside-Bike-Heres-How-She-Probably-Did-It
  • 27 6
 lets be honest, its the best looking e-bike on the market.
  • 5 2
 Is it though?
  • 4 4
 looking... yes. gotta agree. lines are sexy. riding, gotta say tied with the kenevo. I ride the specialized and i wouldn't give it up for one. the geometry and the travel I have are better than everything else. there's no beating the kenevo. BUT for a guy who's always ridden 160 plus travel on acoustic and ebike climbing steeps in my local... and I mean steep... if you're in shape at my local you're in shape everywhere- the decoy is pretty dang badass. got my bikes stolen, and a good buddy let me roll his decoy while i was without a rig, and whooo lordy. it was good. that 29 up front rolled well and the 27.5 played out back. made me think that the future is mullet. So while I feel like I would never give up my kenevo, I can definitely say that I would roll a decoy on the gnar. it jumps well. it rolls over gnar well, and it feels like a bike should even though it has a wagon up front. made me debate making a mullet of my kenevo and that's saying something because my kenevo wins. hands down.
  • 19 2
 why would you put BOOST on just before you roll off a cliff?
  • 11 1
 for cool shot for commercial
  • 19 0
 Don't you remember knight rider? Kitt always used turbo boost for jumping. Always.
  • 7 0
 to boost sales
  • 1 0
 bc you're ethan fkn nell!
  • 16 6
 I dont read anything into this ad other than Eboy earning his wages, and the promotion of ebikes. See it like autonomous driven cars,....they will increasingly be accepted by some people. Where trails are closed to mtbs, I'll just poach the trails. Thats how I got started in this sport, not to follow rules. Trail runners hated us, hikers hated us, we gave them their right of way alright, but then railed on. Emtb's dont threaten me. Dont have any desire for an emtb, but they are part of this industry's evolution, like slinky 4 way stretch bike clothes.
  • 4 1
 Spot on comment
  • 9 1
 This edit is a preview to what we’ll soon be inundated with. Every bike manufacturer with sufficient capital and resources is 100% committed to developing their designs and market positions for e-bikes. The boutique brands that decide ( for whatever reason) to stay out of this market are sadly relegated to stagnant growth, while the bigger companies will develop the only new revenue opportunity they see on the horizon.

As for winning hearts and minds, I couldn’t care less. I’ve been riding mountain bikes for 35 years and will keep riding them as long as I can get a leg over one. Once you come to grips with getting both hips replaced, adding a battery to your bike is easy.
  • 10 0
 I think if you added up the IQ of most of the commenters here you might hit 100.
  • 2 0
 It's missing the obligatory comment of someone saying a motor is exactly the same as a dropper post or rear suspension and "everyone" hated those and look at us now.
  • 8 0
 The only thing I get here is that Ethan Nell can ride anything.
  • 24 16
 Decoy: looks quite a bit like the real thing, but isn't.
  • 4 8
flag ninjatarian (Oct 30, 2019 at 8:17) (Below Threshold)
 Best comment here.
  • 5 1
 "Decoy"? As in a superficial representation of something used solely to attract the real thing or distract? Don't the things that flock to the decoy get shot at typically? I can't think of many scenarios when flocking to a decoy or being a decoy are a super positive thing... Great riding. Enjoy whatever you want to think about eBikes. Super curious about the name though.
  • 36 30
 Freeriding just got whack AF.
  • 16 61
flag pargolf8 (Oct 30, 2019 at 7:37) (Below Threshold)
 Why do you care wtf im riding? Ill be sure to follow you on instagram clown. Ur talking shit about an ebike with your gram handle in your profile. Dont get much more whack than that, bud
  • 36 1
 Who hurt you? @pargolf8:
  • 11 40
flag pargolf8 (Oct 30, 2019 at 8:06) (Below Threshold)
 @fuzzhead45: all you internet shit talkers. Everyones tough behind the computer, pimpin. Dudes who promote their instagrams are comical
  • 3 34
flag pargolf8 (Oct 30, 2019 at 8:07) (Below Threshold)
 @fuzzhead45: your mom made me cry once
  • 4 9
flag chriskneeland (Oct 30, 2019 at 8:17) (Below Threshold)
 @pargolf8: Haha thanks turd.
  • 3 28
flag pargolf8 (Oct 30, 2019 at 8:19) (Below Threshold)
 @chriskneeland: definitely. Ill be your biggest fan boi. Good luck with the internet fame.
  • 9 19
flag chriskneeland (Oct 30, 2019 at 10:06) (Below Threshold)
 @pargolf8: And have fun fake mountain biking.
  • 4 11
flag pargolf8 (Oct 30, 2019 at 12:12) (Below Threshold)
 Yeah ill see ya at the top, peasant!
  • 8 19
flag chriskneeland (Oct 30, 2019 at 12:25) (Below Threshold)
 @pargolf8: Too bad you can't be proud of how you got there. Fake cycling to the top just makes you a poser.
  • 7 10
 @chriskneeland: yeah i only care about going down. You can be proud of how you got up there though
  • 7 15
flag chriskneeland (Oct 30, 2019 at 13:27) (Below Threshold)
 @pargolf8: If you only cared about going down, you wouldn't be doing it on a 60lbs motor bike.
  • 10 5
 @pargolf8: how is he hiding behind the internet... he has his Instagram in his profile. It’s far more ridiculous that you care enough about some random persons comment enough to dig into their profile to find that.
  • 2 9
flag pargolf8 (Oct 30, 2019 at 14:21) (Below Threshold)
 @stealthpenguin: i didnt say hide. I said you talk shit only on the internet. Anything i say on the interwebs i promise id also say right to your face. Yeah its tough to find, bud. Click on user name. There it is. Really dug for that one. Social media is for high school girls. Chase those “likes” homie. Anything else you need clarified, just ask Smile
  • 2 4
 @chriskneeland: solid argument. I got a dh sled too. You seeing a trend yet, genius?
  • 13 0
 I have a belly button.
  • 1 3
 @rocky-mtn-gman: probably a lame innie. Everyone knows outies are better
  • 1 1
 @rocky-mtn-gman: if that button doesn’t activate at least 250watts of power it doesn’t belong on this bicycling website
  • 4 0
 Don't use chairlifts Chris? Thought so.
  • 1 0
 @DrJo: kneel and felch thinks theirs a bunch of lifties on singlespeeds in the drive station turning that lift for his $20. Bit slow on the draw that kid
  • 3 5
 @DrJo: Yeah I do, but I'm riding a downhill bike on the way down, not a 60lbs clunker. I'd walk my bike to the top before riding an ebike.
  • 3 1
 @chriskneeland: decoy is 48lbs and i could make it 45. Dh bikes have gotten heavier because weight can help(to a point). Syndicate v10's were 32lbs now there 35plus. If they had a bit of assist they could be faster on course at 38 or 39lbs. Youre an east coast dumbass kid so you dont know that shuttle trails , that have actual mountains , often have a pedal section so we could leave you behind when you start whining when you have to pedal that dh bike. Eeb jumps better too, unless youre throwing 3's or tailwhips
  • 3 5
 @won-sean-animal-chin: Whatever helps you sleep at night buddy. If you want to fake mountain bike and have a shitty time downhilling a 50lbs bike have at it.
  • 3 0
 LOUD NOISES
  • 2 0
 @chriskneeland: just stating facts. Heres another: youre a clueless f stick
  • 1 4
 @won-sean-animal-chin: Bahah...still beats being a fake mountain biker.
  • 5 1
 @chriskneeland: after all the posts i had to check out this ig account. Youre an ok rider. You get injured a lot though. Usually indicates a lot of confidence but dumb as a rock. Maybe another crash or 3 and youll gain some humility figure things out rather then ride with hour blimd arrogance. I doubt it though. Too dumb. Youll have a bunch more injuries im guessing. Lots of omsbscks though so you can flex. We'll laugh some more at you then
  • 10 4
 Meh
  • 6 1
 Never thought i'd see the day an e-bike rail kong
  • 4 0
 All bike reviews should include a lap down Kong. Wanna hit up Wally World and we can have a thrash-test sesh?
  • 2 0
 @rlaws: the true trifecta, will your bike last Kong, natty, and bourdo?
  • 7 2
 Ebike anxiety, and a high powered gun kicks it off !! Strange world...
  • 4 0
 frEEriding
  • 4 1
 Dude bro duro..... Yo!!!!
  • 5 3
 I just came here for the comments..
  • 1 0
 "My favourite part about this e-enduro is the fact that it turns lame" -Ethan Nell /s
  • 1 0
 Does the E-Bike have BSA BB?
  • 1 3
 “I was blown away by the Decoy. It looks great and feels just like a Capra. My favourite part about this e-enduro is the fact that it turns out I am getting a fat check to say all of this. It’s rad!”
  • 2 1
 I bought the Decoy pro last month, now I smile going and going down..
  • 7 9
 "My favourite part about this e-enduro is the fact that it turns lame, slow trails into fast, flowy jump trails."

Isn't that what dirt bikes already do?
  • 1 0
 Did he rode Cong uphill?
  • 3 6
 Yeah. It's a decoy for sure. A decoy of a real mountain bike. Earn your turns, be real. Live a real life.