PRESS RELEASE: Vitus First Tracks Race Division
With their roots firmly set in racing, the Vitus First Tracks Race Division are set for another stormer in 2020. The team will be tackling selected rounds of the EWS and also making an assault on all the gravity racing they can get their hands on within the challenging domestic scene in Ireland and the U.K. It’s not all about racing though with this lot, riding bikes and inspiring others to do the same is equally important. There will be plenty of content coming this way so keep an eye out for this bunch on your socials if you want a laugh.
The chosen bike for the team is a Vitus Sommet CRX. With a choice of 27.5 or 29 this machine can tackle anything put its path. Fully loaded with Fox suspension, a Shimano drivetrain, Nukeproof finish kit, WTB rubber and a RRP proguard to keep the roost at bay there will be no holding back!
Glyn O’Brien and his wife Cato lead out the team to keep the family under control (most of the time!). Jack Devlin and Drew Armstrong remain on the team and have racing flowing through their veins. Nathan ‘the lizard’ McComb also remains close to the heart of the team but bases himself in Spain to run his guiding company ‘Enduro Malaga’. The lizard is the man when it comes MTB trials and indulges in a bit of racing as well. New to the team is local ripper Callum Morris, a very likeable young chap with a big smile! Callum won pretty much every race he entered in 2019, but with a move up to Juniors in 2020 he is planning to step up his game.
Here is what they had to say…. Glyn O’Brien
– I love this time of year when all the teams release their line up for the year ahead. I couldn’t be prouder to have this bunch represent the team and all our sponsors. Vitus bikes has remained our title sponsor for 6 years now and fully get behind anything we do. Simply put it’s rad people making radical bikes! Here’s to a sick 2020! Callum Morris
– Delighted to get the opportunity to be part of this class team. Looking forward to learning from the other lads and I’m loving the Vitus Sommet. I plan to push hard on it!! Can’t wait!! Cato O’Brien
- 2020’s shaping up to be another great year for the Vitus First Tracks Race Division. It’s awesome to have Jack, Nathan & Drew on board again and really exciting to have Callum Morris join us this year too! Here’s hoping we can also encourage a few more ladies to sign up for the race series too as we are certainly seeing a lot of new (female) faces out on the trails these days! We have a fab new sponsor on board - Leatt - who have sent me some gorgeous ladies kit! Most of all I’m looking forward to planning some new adventures on my Sommet CRS - who couldn’t resist an angry unicorn coloured ride!? #myvitusadventuresNathan McComb
- Absolutely over the moon to continue to be a part of such an amazing mountain biking family! Living in Malaga and running a guiding business means I’m on the bike almost every day and with some of the rockiest terrain in Europe the bikes take a pounding! that’s why I’m stoked to continue riding Vitus Bikes as I have so much confidence after 5 years of shredding the gnar! Jack Devlin
– Buzzing for things to come together and make it on to the team for another year. It’s been an amazing few years of racing and a serious amount of fun along the way. Great to expand the family and have Callum on the board, another young ripper who will be nipping at our heals in no time. Hopefully we can get more people stoked to ride their bikes while we are at it, here’s to another year! Drew Armstrong
- Excited to be on the First Tracks team for another season, racing with the team and having a laugh with a good squad. The new 29er Sommet is a beast and can’t wait to see what it’s capable of on the World Stage in the summer!Team sponsors
– Vitus bikes
, First Tracks MTB
, WTB Tyres
, Rapid Racer Products
, Think Studio
, Magic Beans films.Content team
– Industry Image
, Yaroslav Alpizar Zhuravlev, Magic Beans films.Photo Credit
– Industry Image