Focused, diverse, cutting edge, and collaborative. Pinkbike strives to lead the mountain bike world in news, photos, videos, events, trails, and more. Our quality journalism and community-driven approach attract over 2.5 million readers a month.
Position: European Content Manager
Travel: up to 30%
Type: Full time
At Pinkbike, we work to get people fired up on mountain biking every day and we’re working hard to spread that message globally. Our European readership continues to expand, and a new European Content Manager will help us build on that growth.
Sound like you?
You’ll build, facilitate, and execute Europe-focused editorial plans. You’ll work with technical editors, writers, photographers, brands, trail organizations, and riders to share great content. You’ll get your hands dirty, you’ll chill around post-ride bonfires, you’ll travel to some of the most spectacular riding destinations on earth; but, you’ll also bring an organized perspective, keen eye for detail, and a ruthless approach to misused commas. You’ll come to the table with new, innovative ideas, and you’ll make sure our European team is aligned and working effectively. Role and Responsibilities
Our high energy, fast-paced work environment will see you doing a diverse set of tasks. If you’d started last week, your responsibilities might have included:
• Scheduling several tech and news articles in conjunction with the editorial team, content coordinators, and photographers.Qualifications and Education Requirements
• Noticing an opportunity to tell a timely news story and facilitating resources to execute it right away.
• Collaborating with the editorial, sales, and marketing teams to plan content around an upcoming event—and then coordinating with local contractors and contributors to support that plan.
• Working with our content coordinators to ensure that news and editorial pieces are edited, high quality, and have been posted on time.
• Finishing a review you’ve been working on in your “spare time”—writing, photographing, collaborating, formatting, proofing, scheduling.
• Providing some UX feedback to our development teams and implementing a series of content-based SEO improvements across the website.
• Getting a last-second call from our head of editorial to get a massively important video posted the moment it’s released.
• Minimum of three years’ working experience in a related field.Preferred Skills
• Solid mountain bike abilities with tonnes of enthusiasm; living and breathing bikes is critical.
• Undergraduate degree in a relevant field, or three extra years relevant work experience.
• High level writing and proofreading capabilities; you need to be able to spot errant commas and dangling modifiers all day long.
• Strong digital skills, with proficiency in Adobe CC and modern cloud workflows. It’s a diverse job that will require frequent on-the-fly learning, so the ability to learn how to perform rocket surgery from YouTube is important.
• Must live in Europe and speak fluent English.
• Able to bring new concepts and ideas to the table.
• Comfortable with fast turnaround on projects; applicants will be asked to demonstrate effective skills in prioritising.
• Must have access to reasonably high-speed internet.
• Must have a valid driver’s licence and passport.
• Broad experience with mountain bikes, and able to develop informed, nuanced tech conclusions. Culture
• Working proficiency in French, German, Spanish, or Italian a plus.
• Experience with global mountain bike travel and media camps.
The work is high energy, demanding, and fast paced. The people are passionate, focused, and fun loving. Pinkbike is located in beautiful Squamish BC, where life is wonderful and awesome—this role, however, is based in whatever awesome European spot you call home.
Pinkbike is an equal opportunity employer and values the diverse backgrounds, experiences, knowledge, and talents of our employees. Employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications.How to Apply
Please email email@example.com
with the subject line "European Content Manager". Include your resume, a short introduction to what you're all about, and any relevant work examples you have.