3Sixty Sports and Banshee NZ presents NOT a Raw Video! With edits aplenty, this video was brought together to make you want to get out and ride. Whether it’s racing downhill or shredding the trails at your local spot. We think there is something for everyone in this "Heavily Edited Video"
A collaboration between Local Knowledge's Jono Drew and the guys at Banshee NZ, the idea came about during a ride at our local bike park. We reminisced about the mountain biking movies of old, heavy music, heavy editing, 12 inches of suspension and flat landings – and so was born the idea of 6 riders shredding to the melodies of Judas Priest in 4 minutes of bicycle viewing pleasure (without the 12 inches of suspension and flat landings!).
The Video was created over the course of a weekend, with over 1000 kilometers of driving in 2 trucks with 6 riders, 10 bikes, 1 horse and a midget hitch hiker (don't ask!). The finished product takes you through some of the hidden gems we discovered whilst filming in Eskdale Forest (Napier) and the fast flowing lines of Skyline Rotorua, host of Crankworx 2016.
A special thanks to Tui from the Hawkes Bay Mountain Bike Club and Jamie from Skyline Rotorua.
– there had to be one Freerider when the soundtrack is by Judas Priest? Cole Lucas
– steez master and resident junior racerSophie Tyas
– World Cup racer, with stone cold focus and an issue with Transit Vans Ronja Hill-Wright
– the token Aussie who loves to fly!Daniel Self
– inside line taking, water bottle touting Enduro’erDane Nimmo
– just wanted to be in the video, so we let him have his moment.
All Photos by BPW MEDIAwww.3sixtysports.co.nz