The all new Ibis Mojo HD was on hand at the Sea Otter and looking sleek! Fox Racing Shox even chose the Mojo HD as the bike to showcase their 2011 36 fork line up on a few days prior to the Otter. We were able to talk with Scot Nicol about the final production HDs at the venue last week.Video and pics inside
Mojo “HD” Specifications-
* 160mm of rear wheel travel.
* DW Link Suspension.
* 26″ Wheels.
* Weight for the frame and shock, size large: 6.3 lbs, 2.86Kg.
* 67 degree head angle with a 160mm fork.
* Polycarbonate down tube cable guard.
* Chain stay length: 17.125″.
* 12 x 135mm Maxle rear axle.
* Post mount magnesium left dropout, carbon right dropout.
* Compatible with the new tapered steerer standard: 1 1/8th hidden upper, 1.5 traditional lower.
* Compatible with both Chris King InSet and Cane Creek Frustum headsets.
* Ibis will have an adapter available, and you will be able to use a 1 1/8" headset top and bottom.
* 2.35″-2.55″ rear tire depending on brand and height of cornering knobs.
* Dual row angular contact bearings in the front of the lower link that have less play than standard sealed bearings. Preload adjustment is not necessary. Large 28mm x 15mm x 7mm radial bearings in the rear for stiffness and long wear.
* The leverage ratio, like the Mojo and Mojo SL is designed for air shocks. The Mojo HD comes with a 8.5″ x 2.5″ Fox RP23. A DHX air will work on all but the small size. A coil shock is not offered because the linkage rates weren’t designed for it. We lowered the top tube to get slightly better standover than the regular small mojo while having a higher BB because of the longer travel (we managed to retain the DHX air compatibility in 3 of the 4 sizes).
* The Bottom Bracket height is 13.8″-14″ depending on tires.
* Front derailleur (if you use one) and adjustable seatpost housing (if you use one) run along the top tube.
The Frame price is $2399, which includes the RP23 shock.
You may upgrade to a DHX Air shock for $133.99
To place an order for your Mojo HD, please contact your Ibis Retailer.
Learn more at ibiscycles.com.
Mike Levy on a Mojo HD at the Fox Shox press camp.
*Stay tuned for later in the summer for full test on the Mojo HD*
While checking out the Mojo HD, Scot pointed out this very special Tranny to us. The front end is a 29" wheel, while the rear is a standard 26" wheel. Spec'd as a single speed, the total weight of this bike was 17.2 lbs! Check it out!