PRESS RELEASE: Canadian National Enduro Series
Welcome to the MEC Canadian National Enduro Championship.
This weekend is the top stop of the Canadian National Enduro Series, the Championship! We've been out here in Panorama Mountain Resort riding what could be one of the best kept secrets in BC. This event is a true test of riders fitness, skills and willingness to let it hang out. This weekend's event will feature more than 3700m of descending across 7 stages, with Stage 2 coming in at just over 7.8kms in length. This weekend will be rowdy.
We've also upped the prize money for this race, offering $500, $200, $100 payouts to the Pro Men and Pro Women categories each. This will surely draw the fastest riders in Canada!
*ORGANIZERS NOTE - Rider Safety*
This race is NOT for beginners or weak intermediates. We are riding in mountainous terrain, with high speeds, narrow side-hilling, steep chutes and utilizing double-black diamond terrain, with mandatory steep rolls and small drops. The remote nature of this race means that riders must ride in control and within their ability, so please, heed caution at all times within the event. Riders must be fully self-sufficient and prepared throughout the day.TRAIL LOVE
The bike park crew at Panorama Mountain Resort have been pinned, big respect to Jason Simpson and his crew, they've opened up a few new sections for racer to challenge themselves, as well as, thrown in some hidden classics to keep riders on their toes. A massive thanks to Jose 'The Legend' Letelier for his helping picking the course and his almost 600 man hours put in on a trail aptly named "Lower No Way Jose".
I can guarantee if you haven't ridden here, you'll be returning this summer. Expansive is the best way to describe the area, well that and, gnarly, with a hint of family friendly.
Who will be crowned the 2018 Canadian National Enduro Champion!?
This year we've got a few new programs to create some fun for the whole family, bringing it back to the roots with more prizes and entertainment, so check the following:MEC Mechanic Tent and Intense Demos
Be sure to check out the MEC tent in the main vendor area, which will feature free mechanic services for riders, Whistler Performance Lubricant giveaways, a Fabric
fix-it tool kit and demos of the 2018 Intense Cycles line up. Saturday 9am-2pm and Sunday all day. Demo a bike and walk away with a Fabric water bottle!SMITH Thrills and Spills Timed Descent
Like to get rowdy!? We've got two $100.00 prizes for the man and woman that have the longest Stage 2 time, I'm betting we'll be pushing the 30 minute mark.We Are One Rim Swap Fiesta supported by Rubbers
During the apres, don’t forget to try your hand and time yourself as you try to swap a tire from one #HandlaidInCanada
rim to another. The winner, takes home a pair of Carbon Rims, by We Are One! Consolation prize packs are provided by Rubbers bicycle inner tubes! The game is simple, take a tire off of a #HandLaidInCanada
carbon rim, and put it back on. The fastest time, takes home the rim set!
#LeyenIntoIt, is your 2017 Canadian Champion, with one win under his belt this year, will he be able to hold off the likes of top EWS pro's, Remi, Mckay, Guthrie, Yoann and the rest of the EWS contingent?
We're switching it up this year, no more confusing, long-winded emails, simply click the link below and read our new Notice of Race. If you still need more information, go to our website. If you're still lost, well, good luck finding Stage 6.The notice of race is located here.IMPORTANT INFO
● Please ensure your bikes are cleaned at home before coming to the event, as to minimize the spread of invasive species, we will have the East Kootenay Invasive Species Council
onsite, on Sunday to help wash bikes before they return home! So please, lend a hand and remember to, PLAY, CLEAN, GO.
● Full Face Helmets are MANDATORY, for ALL Racers
○ Helmets must be worn at all times while on course
● There are stipulations on practice, please read below.
● PRACTICE > Please be cautious if hiking or stopping on the trail,the bikepark is
OPEN to the PUBLIC!
● The upper bike park stages are open from 11am-2pm > this is a mountainous
area, riders must be 100% self-sufficient, be prepared, MAKE GOOD
● 2018 Rulebook can be found here.
● No riders to ride UPHILL in the bike park on training day - must take lift.
● Saturday Training - MILE 1 CHAIRLIFT is last stop for any service, beyond here
you MUST be 100% self sufficient, this is a mountain environment!
● Portable Toilets at top of Champagne > Last BathroomTRAINING // PRACTICE // COURSE INFO
There are restrictions and stipulations on practice, please view the Notice of Race.
● There is no practice of stages 1,2,3,4,7, until Saturday at 10:00am. The bike park is closed. Racers caught riding in the park will be DQ'd.The notice of race is located here.
Looking to stay at the resort?
We've partnered with Panorama Mountain Village, check it out:
● Plan your stay here.
● If you're looking for a minimum of 20% off check it out, here.
You can ALSO check out the best places to stay from Tourism Invermere/Panorama:
● Link to accommodation on > http://invermerepanorama.com/hotels/
● Link to "Summer Activities > http://invermerepanorama.com/summer/
● Location - close to Panorama Nordic Centre
● No Fires
● Portable Toilets
● No Water-Fill up before you arrive
● Purchase/Book in Advance
● 26 Spaces - 1-800-663-2929 - Ask for Camping
● Price - $15-20 Per night
● Saturday PARKING - only available at Nordic Centre Parking (doesn’t apply to people
staying in accommodations) > TAKE GONDOLA UP
● Sunday PARKING - Parking at upper lot available
These events do not happen without our dedicated volunteers, every year I'm absolutely enthralled by the passion these people bring to the event. If you're interested in volunteering at some of our events, please reach out and let us know how we can make your summer exceptional!
We're always looking for the following:
• Course Sweep
• Course Clear (rides behind the sweep and cleans course marking)
• Food Station - likely the best gig!
• Course Marshals - second best gig, always in the action!
• Registration Table - Early start, early finish, interacting with the riders
• First-Aid - Must be comfortable with hiking/biking to your spot and be a minimum of WFR. We do offer paid positions.
• Finish Line Support - Hang out at the finish line
What we offer:
• Free sandwich and apres meal/beer on event day
• Free entry to any race this year! If redeeming for your kids/spouse you'll receive 75% off.
• Volunteer for more than two races and receive an additional free race!
• Free lift ticket for events based at resorts.
• Highschool Volunteer Hours for students!
• Event T-Shirt!
If you're keen, register here as volunteer
Thanks to all our volunteers, you are the backbone of the racing community! The Canadian National Enduro Series is supported by:
A massive thank-you to this year's series sponsors and supporters and anyone who Volunteered with us and anyone who helped with a shuttle, a beer or a spare tube! Need something? More information?
• Visit our Website
• Athlete Inquires & Volunteer Information | firstname.lastname@example.org
• All other inquiries | email@example.com (Event Director)