PRESS RELEASE: Canadian National Enduro Series
Welcome to Round #5, Camp Fortune, QC, of the MEC Canadian National Enduro Series, presented by Intense Cycles.
Canada's favourite enduro series sets down in Quebec this weekend at Camp Fortune! This Canada Day long weekend, come ride what's likely to be the gnarliest enduro east of the rockies, as we tackle rocks bigger than Trudeau's Instagram account, and explore some of the most iconic trails just outside the Nation's Capital of Ottawa.
What's even better is that we're bringing back the "East vs. West Shootout", where we'll finally settle the score of what side of the country has the fastest enduro riders. Riders are automatically entered, we'll simply count the top 3 finishers in each category apportioning 3 points for first, 2 for second and 1 for third, the side of the country with the most points wins bragging rights. For all you West Coast warriors, ensure your bring DH tires, as #CampFortuneIsGnarlierThanTheShore, and they're not dumbing it down anytime soon.
We're also stoked to say that we've brought 5 of our CNES Development team members to showcase the up and coming enduro talent this country has to offer, so we'd like to invite any U21 shredders out to pre-ride with the team on Saturday, we'll be meeting around 11am, to practice, it's super informal, just more of a meet and greet.
Alrighty, check out the course below, and prepare yourself, this isn't for beginners or weak intermediates, it's the real deal, Quebec style!TRAIL LOVE
We wanna give a massive shout-out to the crew at Camp Fortune, Robb, Matt, Kieran, OMBA, Matt W., all the guys busting their but and keeping things legit. It's been a while since I've ridden trails this rough, and it just proves that length isn't everything, great trail design is really about utilizing the terrain you have. There's no way I could ride 10 minutes of these trails, I'd be toast. So cheers to the trail bosses!
Intense Cycles will be out demoing bikes this weekend, so get your Karver on!
This year we've got a few new programs to create some fun for the whole family, bringing it back to the roots with more prizes and entertainment, so check the following:MEC Mechanic Tent and Intense Demos
Be sure to check out the MEC tent in the main vendor area, which will feature free mechanic services for riders, Whistler Performance Lubricant giveaways, a Fabric fix-it tool kit and demos of the 2018 Intense Cycles line up Saturday 9am-2pm and Sunday all day. Demo a bike and walk away with a Fabric water bottle!SMITH Thrills and Spills Timed Descent
Like to get rowdy!? We've got two $100.00 prizes for the lucky man and woman who come closest to 1:45 on Stage 5.We Are One Rim Swap Fiesta supported by Rubbers
During the apres, don’t forget to try your hand and time yourself as you try to swap a tire from one #HandlaidInCanada
rim to another. The winner, takes home a pair of Carbon Rims, by We Are One! Consolation prize packs are provided by Rubbers bicycle inner tubes! The game is simple, take a tire off of a #HandLaidInCanada
carbon rim, and put it back on. The fastest time, takes home the rim set!
A ton of rock is in store for y'all!
● This race is NOT for beginners or weak intermediates.
● Full Face Helmets are MANDATORY, for ALL Racers // If the temperatures are above 35c, participants 18 and over can choose to wear half-shells.
● Please come prepared for the heat. Chamois butter for sure.
● Helmets must be worn at all times while on course
● In order to pickup your number plate you will need to show a valid trail-pass.
● SATURDAY > Minor services available at the MTB Welcome Centre, ensure you purchase a trail pas.
● The race should be finished by 3:00pm atthe latest
● SPECTATORS/FRIENDS // This is a mountain bike park, CAUTION when HIKING THE BIKE TRAILS -THIS IS A DOWNHILL MOUNTAIN BIKE PARK.
● ALL RACERS = Must pickup timing tag, plate and attend riders briefing on during their designated time.
● There are stipulations on practice,see below.
- We have a rulebook now but don't worry, it's just common-sense...well, for some.- Click here to read the Notice of Race (Racer information package)
These events do not happen without our dedicated volunteers, every year I'm absolutely enthralled by the passion these people bring to the event. If you're interested in volunteering at some of our events, please reach out and let us know how we can make your summer exceptional!
We're always looking for the following:
• Course Sweep
• Course Clear (rides behind the sweep and cleans course marking)
• Food Station - likely the best gig!
• Course Marshalls - second best gig, always in the action!
• Registration Table - Early start, early finish, interacting with the riders
• First-Aid - Must be comfortable with hiking/biking to your spot and be a minimum of WFR. We do offer paid positions.
• Finish Line Support - Hang out at the finish line
What we offer:
• Free sandwich and apres meal/beer on event day
• Free entry to any race this year! If redeeming for your kids/spouse you'll receive 75% off.
• Volunteer for more than two races and receive an additional free race!
• Free lift ticket for events based at resorts.
• Highschool Volunteer Hours for students!
• Event T-Shirt!
If you're keen, register here as volunteer
Thanks to all our volunteers, you are the backbone of the racing community! The Canadian National Enduro Series is supported by:
A massive thank-you to this year's series sponsors and supporters and anyone who Volunteered with us and anyone who helped with a shuttle, a beer or a spare tube! Need something? More information?
• Visit our Website
• Athlete Inquires & Volunteer Information | firstname.lastname@example.org
• All other inquiries | email@example.com (Event Director)