PRESS RELEASE: MEC Canadian National Enduro Series
Welcome to Round #2, Kamloops, of the MEC Canadian National Enduro Series, presented by Intense Cycles.
Get ready for Harper Mountain, a mainstay in the series, as riders look to escape to the Thompson-Okanagan, to live the dream in this mountain biking mecca. So bring your inner-freeride and get ready for fast, loose and wild trails that are truly boldly unscripted!Boldly Unscripted
Kamloops is a unique place, with one of the most diverse riding scene's in the world, we have every type of pro from Olympians, Freeride Pioneers, to New-School Enduro Racing groms. As such, this race is run a little different.
On Saturday Evening, we will be running a $100.00 Grass Slalom. It's simple, ride a bike, down a grass slalom course. Fastest time gets $100.00. We'll also have beer from local brewery Red Collar Brewing for those of age to sample!
The Kamloops event is the event in which we need the most volunteers, we have over 30 course marshals!
Jordan Proctor has been updating a few trails, he's probably put in more than 200 hours in the last couple of months, he's backed by a solid crew of volunteers, but this wild-man is known for his stoke, so help him share the stoke and keep his glass full!
Last year Emily Slaco was on a tear, we're hoping she returns to put on a clinic for the rest of the field!
This year we've got a few new programs to create some fun for the whole family, bringing it back to the roots with more prizes and entertainment, so check the following:MEC Mechanic Tent and Intense Demos
Be sure to check out the MEC tent in the main vendor area, which will feature free mechanic services for riders, Whistler Performance Lubricant giveaways, and a Fabric fix-it tool kit!SMITH Thrills and Spills Timed Descent
Like to get rowdy!? This week's Thrills and Spills descent is happening on the Grass Slalom, we'll be giving two prizes of $100 each to two teams of two. How do you win? You'll need to find a partner, and whichever partnership has the closest subtracted times on stage 4 (grass slalom) to 0:00:00, will be given $100! Everyone is automatically registered! Each race look for the SMITH archways for your chance to win $100.00! So don't throw out those timing slips!We Are One Rim Swap Fiesta supported by Rubbers
We Are One is located in Kamloops, so expect them to be out heckling in full-force! During the apres, don’t forget to try your hand and time yourself as you try to swap a tire from one #HandlaidInCanada
rim to another. The winner, takes home a pair of Carbon Rims, by We Are One! Consolation prize packs are provided by Rubbers bicycle inner tubes! The game is simple, take a tire off of a #HandLaidInCanada
carbon rim, and put it back on. The fastest time takes home the rim set!
Getting weird in the grass slalom...
We're switching it up this year, no more confusing, long-winded emails, simply click the link below and read our new Notice of Race. If you still need more information, go to our website. If you're still lost, well, good luck finding Stage 2.
- Full face helmets are mandatory only for U21 Categories.
- Practice on the grass slalom is only open from 4:00pm-7:00pm on Saturday is between 3:00pm and 8:00pm. - Please abide by your registration schedule.
- We are back to the old timing system for this event.
- No shuttling on the upper road
- Mostly Mental Shuttles are running on Saturday from 12:00pm-4:00pm > $5.00 cash only!
- We have a rulebook now but don't worry, it's just common-sense...well, for some.- Click here to read the Notice of Race (Racer information package)
These events do not happen without our dedicated volunteers, every year I'm absolutely enthralled by the passion these people bring to the event. If you're interested in volunteering at some of our events, please reach out and let us know how we can make your summer exceptional!
We're always looking for the following:
• Course Sweep
• Course Clear (rides behind the sweep and cleans course marking)
• Food Station - likely the best gig!
• Course Marshals - second best gig, always in the action!
• Registration Table - Early start, early finish, interacting with the riders
• First-Aid - Must be comfortable with hiking/biking to your spot and be a minimum of WFR. We do offer paid positions.
• Finish Line Support - Hang out at the finish line
What we offer:
• Free sandwich and apres meal/beer on event day
• Free entry to any race this year! If redeeming for your kids/spouse you'll receive 75% off.
• Volunteer for more than two races and receive an additional free race!
• Free lift ticket for events based at resorts.
• Highschool Volunteer Hours for students!
• Event T-Shirt!
If you're keen, register here as volunteer
Thanks to all our volunteers, you are the backbone of the racing community!
The Canadian National Enduro Series is supported by:
Hopefully Max Leyen will be able to stay up-right this year, will he be able to take a clean sweep in all-rounds!?
A massive thank-you to this year's series sponsors and supporters and anyone who Volunteered with us and anyone who helped with a shuttle, a beer or a spare tube! Need something? More information?
• Visit our Website
• Athlete Inquires & Volunteer Information | Kaitlin Lomas firstname.lastname@example.org
• All other inquiries | email@example.com (Event Director)