PRESS RELEASE: 2020 Norco Canadian Enduro Series
Here we go again! 2019 was a record-breaking year for attendance at our races. We saw more new faces than ever before and that is what we love! In 2019, we had some of the biggest days ever, with many people remarking that they were harder than EWS races and pushed the limits of what was comfortable. For 2020 we've rejigged a few things to ensure we have something for everyone. Below you'll find out all the information for the 2020 series, registration opens on December 1st.2020 CHANGES
• 2-Day Events
- All events this year will be 2-days. Day 1 will feature only one stage, with Day 2 featuring the remainder of the stages.
• Team Racing
- Do you like riding with your mates? Get stoked to race at your own pace with your buddies with our new Team Category. This category is for seasoned vets and great for families or new riders. The Team Category is pretty easy to understand - racers join a team of 3 (maximum) and can either ride together down the stages or individually (everyone must ride every stage). Either way you race, you'll get an individual race time and a cumulative team time. This will ensure you can still be competitive in your own age category and chase the elusive Team championship.
• 50+ Category
- You asked for it. Hopefully, these guys/gals know how to the internet, so if you see them around, make sure to holler at the 50+ crew and let them know they've got their own category now.
- We've launched Canada's first E-Bike Racing Series. The Norco Canadian Enduro Series Electric. The venues will be shared with the regular enduro series, but racers can expect massive days, special/technical stages, yes there'll be some uphill stages. Charge your batteries this is going to be epic!
• NCES 80
- Formerly known as our 'Short-Course', the revamped NCES 80 is meant for intermediate riders looking for a smaller day with less technical stages. This is a one-day event only.
- For the first time ever, we're offering a pit area for racers to set up tents and be a part of the vendor expo area.
- We've enlisted a few rockstars to help us put out some more Canadian Enduro specific content this year. So get stoked to see tutorials, destination showcases and much more on our IGTV and YouTube channels.
- This year our series is proud to be hosting two EWS North American rounds and two EWS Qualifier rounds. This will be the first time ever that an EWS Qualifier is hosted in Quebec and it will also be the first time that Eastern Canada gets a stop of the North American series.
• Trophy of Provinces
- We're stoke to announce that Sea Otter Canada and Crowsnest Pass will be our two stops. We'll have an Eastern Trophy and a Western Trophy, culminating in the Canadian National Enduro Championships at Panorama Resort! What happens in this event is that everyone who participates is automatically enrolled to race for their province of origin. At the end of the race, we take the top ten finishers in each category and tally up their times based on provinces. The fastest province is awarded the Wester or Eastern Trophy. Ultimately proving which province has the fastest riders. The fastest riders in U21, 21-29, 30-39, 40+, U21 Womens, Open Womens and Expert Men at both the Eastern and Western trophy will be given free entry, lift tickets and accommodation at the Championship event.
Want to finally settle the score of which province has the fastest riders?
The first ever E-bike racing sereis is here!
Maximum fun with team racing! Make a team and ride with your buddies, we're bringing the party with this category!
More opportunities for riders to qualify for the global EWS events and the infamous EWS Whistler!
The Trail to Canadian Enduro Champion. If you're looking to see how all the different type of events stack up against each other, here you go! The hardest events in Canada will always be the Canadian National Enduro Championship and the EWS in Whistler! With more regional events being the easiest.
• May 9-10
// Fraser Valley // Enduro World Series Qualifier
• June 20-21
// Sun Peaks // Enduro World Series North American Series // This is a semi-private event. The resort will be opening early just for us!
• July 4-5
// Sea Otter Canada // Enduro World Series North American Series // This is the largest cycling event in Eastern Canada, it is also the Eastern Trophy of Provinces!
• Jully 11-12
// Crowsnest Pass // Western Trophy of Provinces // We'll be heading to a zone, so get stoked!
• July 12
// Bromont // Enduro World Series Qualifier // For the first time ever, the Enduro World Series is coming to Quebec!
• July 18-19
// Panorama Resort // Canadian National Enduro Championship® // We have a brand new course, with new trails and lots of variety! Thanks Jose!
• July 25-26
// SilverStar Resort // This is the party of the year at the SilverStar bike festival!
A massive thank-you to this year's series sponsors and supporters and anyone who Volunteered with us and anyone who helped with a shuttle, a beer or a spare tube!
• Visit our Website
• Athlete Inquires & Volunteer Information | email@example.com
• All other inquiries | firstname.lastname@example.org