The Andorra DH World Cup is currently postponed due to extreme weather conditions follow updates from the race below.Origianl article:
It has been announced the schedule is set to change for tomorrow's elite racing as "extreme wind speeds" are expected.
We have just received word a revised race schedule is set to be agreed upon and announced at 6:15 am local time (CEST) tomorrow morning as current weather forecasting suggests unsafe winds. The decision has been made by the UCI WBD Sports and the local organiser to ensure the safety of everyone attending the event. If racing is able to go ahead tomorrow then the current suggest schedule is as follows:
7:30 - 8:30 CEST / 6:30 - 7:30 BST / 22:30 - 23:30 PDT
- Training (Women and Men combined)9:00 CEST / 8:00 BST / 0:00 PDT / 19:00 NZST
- Elite Women's Finals (All 17 qualified riders)9:45 CEST / 8:45 BST / 0:45 PDT / 19:45 NZST
- Elite Men's Finals (All 61 qualified riders)
The announcement also stated if "a further deterioration of the weather is predicted to coincide with this revised schedule the event will be postponed for the day and further updates will be communicated as appropriate."
Update: August 26 7:15 CEST
We can now confirm that the above schedule will be proceeding today if the weather conditions don't change.
The broadcast times on GCN+ have been updated to:8:45 CEST / 7:45 BST / 23:45 PDT / 18:45 NZST
- Women's Elite Final10:00 CEST / 9:00 BST / 1:00 PDT/ 20:00 NZST
- Men's Elite Final
Update: August 26 8:54 CEST
The UCI MTB World Series have announced that today's racing has been postponed. A review of conditions is expected at 12:00 CEST / 11:00 BST / 3:00 PDT / 22:00 NZST.
Current Weather Conditions:
Weather Forecast for August 26:10:00
- Thunderstorms // 19°C // 47% probability of precipitation // wind 11km/h // gusts 19km/h // Yellow Warning for Thunderstorms11:00
- Cloudy // 19°C // 39% probability of precipitation // wind 13km/h // gusts 26km/h // Yellow Warning for Thunderstorms12:00
- Cloudy // 19°C // 33% probability of precipitation // wind 13km/h // gusts 26km/h // Yellow Warning for Thunderstorms13:00
- Cloudy // 19°C // 39% probability of precipitation // wind 15km/h // gusts 30km/h // Yellow Warning for Thunderstorms14:00
- Thunderstorms // 18°C // 51% probability of precipitation // wind 15km/h // gusts 33km/h // Yellow Warning for Thunderstorms15:00
- Cloudy // 18°C // 47% probability of precipitation // wind 13km/h // gusts 32km/h // Yellow Warning for Thunderstorms16:00
- Cloudy // 18°C // 40% probability of precipitation // wind 9km/h // gusts 24km/h // Yellow Warning for Thunderstorms17:00
- Cloudy // 17°C // 34% probability of precipitation // wind 9km/h // gusts 22km/h // Yellow Warning for Thunderstorms18:00
- Cloudy // 17°C // 34% probability of precipitation // wind 9km/h // gusts 24km/h // Yellow Warning for Thunderstorms*Local times, CEST
What if Finals Can't be Held?:
With the news that racing is postponed we have taken a look through the UCI rules and if finals can not be held in Andorra then the last qualifying round or semi-finals will decide the winner from this round. As we have not had semi-finals this week then it would be yesterday's qualifying results deciding the winner. If no finals can take place then the results this weekend would be:
1st. Vali Höll: 3:11.924
2nd. Nina Hoffmann: 3:15.849
3rd. Mille Johnset: 3:20.657
4th. Monika Hrastnik: 3:20.896
5th. Marine Cabirou: 3:21.705
1st. Loic Bruni: 2:46.720
2nd. Loris Vergier: 2:47.107
3rd. Jackson Goldstone: 2:48.720
4th. Jordan Williams: 2:49.095
5th. Benoit Coulanges: 2:49.720
Here is the full UCI regulation wording:
Update: August 26 11:40 CEST
An update is still expected shortly at 12:00 but we have heard word that wind speeds of over 90km/h are being recorded at the start hut.
If the weather improves the new race start times would be:13:45 - 14:15 CEST / 12:45 - 13:15 BST / 4:45 - 5:15 PDT / 23:45 - 0:15 NZST
- Training (Women and Men combined)14:45 CEST / 13:45 BST / 5:45 PDT / 0:45 NZST
- Elite Women's Finals (All 17 qualified riders)15:30 CEST / 14:30 BST / 6:30 PDT / 1:30 NZST
- Elite Men's Finals (All 61 qualified riders)
In this update, it was stated that if no improvement is seen at 12 then the race will be cancelled. We should have more news soon with the big update coming in around 20 minutes.
Video: Towed In with Dean Lucas & Ed Masters
While we wait for the big update check out Dean Lucas and Ed Masters' thoughts on the situation.
Update: August 26 12:28 CEST
The UCI MTB World Series have announced that the racing is back on as the weather has cleared on course. The new race start time is 14:30 CEST / 13:30 BST / 4:30 PDT / 23:30 NZST.
Riders will have a chance to train between 13:45 - 14:15 CEST before the Elite Women kick off at 14:45 CEST. The Elite Men will quickly follow.
Strangely the weather forecast is still predicting thunderstorms and strong winds for this time so the situation could still change.
We will keep this article updated with the latest on the race start time.