I was a big fan of the 160mm travel NS Snabb when I reviewed it last year,
followed by drooling over the smoothed-out carbon version
launched at last year's Eurobike show. For 2017, NS have added a big wheeler to the hard-hitting trail line-up. Primarily designed around 29" wheels, there is plenty of clearance to ride with 27.5+ wheels and tires if you are that way inclined.
NS Snabb Plus
• AL6061/AL6066-T6 alloy frame
• 130mm travel rear paired with a 140mm fork
• Metric shock sizing: 185x50mm
• 29" wheels, 27.5+ compatilbility
• Geo: 67º HA / 74.5º SA / 433mm CS / -42mm BB
• Three sizes: S (420mm reach), M (445mm reach), L (465mm reach)
• Two models: Plus 1 - €4099 / Plus 2 - €2799
The Snabb's prime numbers are a 67º head angle and a 74.5º seat angle. Reach numbers are 420mm, 445mm, and 465mm respectively for the three frame sizes, with the stack also growing 10mm per size. Chainstays are tight for a wagon-wheeler at 433mm and the bottom bracket hangs -42mm below the wheel axles. You might not be into bright colors and coordination, but you can't deny that NS having been killing it with their attention to detail and color-matched products over recent model years.
NS recommend the small size for riders up to 172cm. Medium size for riders between 170 and 182cm and the large size for riders over 180cm. Small and medium sized Plus 1 models are specced with a 150mm Reverb dropper post, the large sizes take advantage of the new 170mm drop version.