It's sad to announce that we’re saying goodbye to presenter, root-vegetable enthusiast, and Pinkbike Academy season one alum Tom Bradshaw. He’s going to fulfill his bohemian vagabonding dreams of travelling all over the world and then doing some heinous bikepacking mission en route to Europe over the course of this year.
We couldn’t let him just slip away quietly, so here are some of our favourite moments including getting beaten by Christina in every single challenge, sleeping anywhere and everywhere, as well as eating Western BC out of potatoes...
We're going to miss you Tom!
|Thank you aka thaaaaaaaanks mates to all you readers, watchers, and commenters on Pinkbike! You've been awesome, thanks for sticking through the potato chat, low-level experiments, un-understandable conversations, questions, POVs, and JandalCo Clip-Flop videos - it's been a dream sharing some right (and some wrong) kind of stupid missions with you!|
Cheers also to the awesome brands that supported my content on the channel no matter how dumb the idea was - Commencal Bicycles, SRAM, Rockshox, Time Pedals and Zipp Wheels, Deity Components, 7iDP Protection, Endura Clothing, Schwalbe Tyres and Garmin. Legends.
And last but certainly not least - huge love to everyone in the Pinkbike team - especially the video team of Christina, Tom R, Max, Slicko and Satchel - you're all absolute beauties and our sport is so lucky to have a place like this, with outstanding people working hard to share their love of mountain biking!
Now go get outside and ride your bike if you can, you’ll see me on here again before you know it!—Tom Bradshaw
Things I will miss about working with you:
- Turning questionable ideas into videos/photos that people somehow like
- Potato chat, Sienna chat, general high milage hero car appreciation/chat
- Your misplaced enthusiasm for horrendously long days riding
- Childlike excitement over trains
- Trying (and occasionally succeeding) to make the ground trick specialist look good in the air for photos
- Filming roadtrips in the PB truck listening to matt and jerry podcasts on repeat
Things I will NOT miss about working with you:
- Listening to matt and jerry podcasts on repeat
- Snoring loud enough to wake up the entire Crankworx hotel
- Chasing you all over Cumberland trail during a 45+ degree heatwave
- Hotel rooms turned into a bombsite within 0.2 seconds of you opening the door
A very up and down morning! A positive update from Alicia, and finding out my fav content presenter is moving on You're the best outcome of Pink Bike Academy there was (with no offence to the other racers!)
Well done sir.
This makes me very sad. PinkBike certainly won't be the same without him.
Hopefully we can follow along with his next adventures somewhere?
Seriously though, I think humoristic pieces are becoming all too rare. With time I get the feeling the indusrry often takes itself a bit too seriously.
Now we’re left with the personality trio for bike reviews
Tom, you beauty.
Join Pinkbike Login