Want to race against the best racers from Western Canada on one of the hardest tracks on the BC Cup circuit? Want to spend a weekend with the coolest people around and live like a rock star
. . . sort of?
Intense Cycles, Dunbar Summer Series and Kovarik Racing have teamed up to offer a wicked prize pack for two to this year’s Western Open!
To win, you need to create and submit a 3 minute DH video showcasing what in•ten•si•ty means to you. It should have energy, strength and feeling! Show us why you love DH riding and why you should win a race weekend in Golden, BC. in•ten•si•ty
~ Exceptionally great concentration, power, or force. Prize Pack Includes:
• Accommodations for two from Wednesday to Monday of the event weekend at the race HQ (July 31st to August 5th 2013)
• Lift Tickets for two from Thursday to Sunday of the event weekend
• Two Free race entries for the 2013 Western Open at the Kicking Horse Mountain Resort
• Two Free spots in the Kovarik Racing Clinic for the weekend with coaches Claire Buchar and Chris Kovarik
• Priority race support from Jason Louden of Loudenterprise
• Pit & hangout with Dunbar Racing Team throughout the Western Open
• EVOC Flight bike bag
• Swag for both winners from Pinkbike
Videos will be judged and short listed by Chris Kovarik and the Dunbar Racing Team. Then the winning video will be selected by the Pinkbike community through online voting!
How To Enter:
Learn from Chris Kovarik & Claire Buchar at the 2013 Western Open
1. Create and submit a 3-minute film of ‘Intense’ DH footage captured in the 2012 / 2013 biking season.
2. Add the provided “Intense for Life” video bumper found here
. No bumper = No entry
3. Download your entry onto Pinkbike.com by midnight May 15th, 2013.
4. Include the tag "Intense for Life" in your description and add a link into the comments section below. What Happens Next:
1. A panel of judges including the Chris Kovarik and Dunbar Cycles Team will pick the Top 5 films to be featured Pinkbike.com for peer-voting for the duration of one week starting May 20th.
2. On May 27th, the video entry with the most votes will be awarded the prize package!Notes:
You may feature ANY bike brands and gear within the video you like.
You may enter from anywhere in the world, but it is your responsibility to get to the event.
Winner must be 13 years or older in 2013... If winner is under 18 years of age they need to bring a parent or guardian as their guest.
Event insurance is not included. You will need a UCI license or to purchase a one event license from Cycling BC at the event
The official rules can be found here
~ By submitting your video to this contest you acknowledge that you have read and agree to the rules and regulations of this contest. Judging Criteria:
• Demonstrates a connection to the theme
• Video Theme: in•ten•si•ty
~ Exceptionally great concentration, power, or force.
• Integrates creative shots and techniques.
• Original, captivating and entertaining - the audience engaged, inspired and stoked.
• Attention to technical detail - The music and/or sound track is Royalty-Free, appealing and captures the mood of the scene, volume is consistent and background noise is minimal
• Editing of the film leads to emotional build-up and audience response Prizing:
The video entry with the most votes at midnight(PST) on May 26th will be awarded:
o Accommodations for two from Wednesday to Monday of the event weekend at the race HQ
o Lift Tickets for two from Thursday to Sunday of the event weekend
o Two Free race entries for the 2013 Western Open at the Kicking Horse Mountain Resort
o Two Free spots in the Kovarik Racing Clinic for the weekend with coaches Claire Buchar and Chris Kovarik
o Priority race support from Jason Louden of Loudenterprise
o Pit & hangout with Dunbar Racing Team throughout the Western Open
o EVOC Flight bike bag
o Swag for both winners from Pinkbike
For more information on the Dunbar Summer Series visit www.SERacing.ca
.Kovarik Racing Race Skills Clinic
Top World Cup racers and PMBI(Professional Mountain Bike Instructor)Level 2 instructors, Chris Kovarik and Claire Buchar of Kovarik Racing will be holding a two day Race Skills Clinic for intermediate to advanced racers in conjunction with the Western Open race. From a track walk and bike set-up to line choice and putting a race run together, riders will learn skills, tactics and approaches to tackle any race weekend. Begin developing your race weekend formula with two of the industry’s top racers and most humble, passionate people! Riders will leave the camp with some Mental Training literature suggestions and a basic DH Specific Training Program from Strand Training. Chris and Claire will both be racing the Western Open and trying to lay down a new course record in 2013!
Western Open finish line and expo area at the base of Kicking Horse Mountain Resort
Be sure to LIKE the Western Open fan page and be the first to get updated on news and results HERE
Kicking Horse Mountain Resort…
Kicking Horse Mountain Resort is located high in the Dogtooth Range of the Purcell Mountains, 14 km above Golden, British Columbia. Surrounded by towering peaks of two other mountain ranges – the Rockies and Selkirks – it is also close to six of Canada’s most spectacular National Parks: Banff, Jasper, Kootenay, Yoho, Glacier, and Mt. Revelstoke. The resort is just 1.5 hours west of Banff (145 kilometers) and 2.5 hours west of Calgary (270 Kilometers) on the Trans-Canada highway.