After a hugely successful 2013, Share the Ride is preparing to launch its 2014 fundraising campaign. Our goal is to purchase bicycles, helmets and locks for disadvantaged children and youth around the world this holiday season. We are currently accepting prizing donations to giveaway as part of our fundraising drive, for more information on how you or your company can help please contact email@example.com
1. Give a Kid a bike, start a dream.
Everybody remembers it, the day they got their first bike. You remember it too. It inspired your sense of freedom and independence; it gave you the ability to go any place your heart desired so long as you were back by dinner! Learning to ride a bike provides a kid with a rewarding self-guided activity, a feeling of accomplishment that boosts self esteem and shows that anything is possible if you work at it. Help give a kid that chance.
2. Go Green.
Kids on bikes are Green Kids. Having the means to pedal their way to school and leisure activities as they grow up stimulates thought on, and encourages the use of, alternate carbon free forms of transportation.
3. Activity and wellness.
Cycling as a physical activity plays a key role in a child’s healthy transition to early adulthood and beyond. Bike riding provides a kid with an enjoyable form of physical fitness that not only helps develop motor skills, but when they ride with others, much needed social skills as well.
Where will your money go?
- $150 is enough to buy one child a new bike and a helmet.
- Share the Ride works with community centers, schools, youth and family service programs, other charities and foundations to identify children from low income families who will benefit from the gift of a bicycle.
- Share the Ride operates world wide!
- Share the Ride aims to ensure that children receiving bikes are educated on basic bicycle safety.
View our work