Giant Trance 27.5

PB Forum :: Giant
Giant Trance 27.5
Posted: Mar 31, 2015 at 12:16 Quote
that bike is super nice... i never saw a black/red trance advance....

Posted: Apr 1, 2015 at 10:28 Quote
toop182 wrote:
Guys, on my 27.5 2, can my evolution on the rear be made to have a longer stroke? Is there a reducer in the the shock that can be removed??

Same, lets hope this gets answered... Big Grin

Posted: Apr 1, 2015 at 10:49 Quote
Any suggestions for a coil shock for a trance?
Thanks

Posted: Apr 1, 2015 at 12:18 Quote
Ussr wrote:
toop182 wrote:
Guys, on my 27.5 2, can my evolution on the rear be made to have a longer stroke? Is there a reducer in the the shock that can be removed??

Same, lets hope this gets answered... Big Grin

no sorry guys there is no travel reducer inside the shock, if you happen to disassemble it, the white "spacer" is an air volume spacer so i would just leave it inside the shock

Posted: Apr 1, 2015 at 22:03 Quote
Robino113 wrote:
Thanks
I have a Fox Van RC on mine 200x57 (medium frame). Keep in mind that I had to run an offset bushing for the top eyelet because there was not enough clearance around the Maestro linkage to make it fit without it. I haven't seen too many Trances with coils.

photo

Posted: Apr 2, 2015 at 3:14 Quote
retswen wrote:
Robino113 wrote:
Thanks
I have a Fox Van RC on mine 200x57 (medium frame). Keep in mind that I had to run an offset bushing for the top eyelet because there was not enough clearance around the Maestro linkage to make it fit without it. I haven't seen too many Trances with coils.

photo

Thanks for the reply.
Whats the ride like?

Posted: Apr 2, 2015 at 6:18 Quote
Climbing traction is improved over the stock RS Monarch, and small bump sensitivity is improved and it handles big hits in a predictable way. I only run about 7 clicks of LSC. My bike weighs 31.5 lbs as pictured.

Posted: Apr 3, 2015 at 23:12 Quote
4 rides, i'm still trying to get my settings dialed. Feels fine and good on climbs, but I tend to feel that the rear gets a little too wild and not sucking up the trail...

Posted: Apr 4, 2015 at 2:22 Quote
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/pp230/GibsonPlasterers/IMAG0785.jpg
My Trance advanced 1

Thinking of upgrading the fork, not sure what to go for though.

Posted: Apr 4, 2015 at 3:07 Quote
Ussr wrote:
4 rides, i'm still trying to get my settings dialed. Feels fine and good on climbs, but I tend to feel that the rear gets a little too wild and not sucking up the trail...

Debonair will solve that

Posted: Apr 4, 2015 at 6:00 Quote
winston1192 wrote:
Ussr wrote:

Debonair will solve that

im on that Big Grin . Rebound 4 clicks from centre. Tried riding with min settings today.
I've been reading canecreek's lounge and hearing rave reviews on the inline Drool

Posted: Apr 7, 2015 at 13:04 Quote
Hey guys. I was wondering how everyone thought their trance performed in terms of jumps and getting it off the ground. Because compared to my older bike its much easier to throw about but I was wondering what you guys thought?

Thanks

Posted: Apr 7, 2015 at 13:06 Quote
Robino113 wrote:
Hey guys. I was wondering how everyone thought their trance performed in terms of jumps and getting it off the ground. Because compared to my older bike its much easier to throw about but I was wondering what you guys thought?

Thanks

I love my Trance for doing that sort of thing, I set the rebound front and back fairly quick and I love how my bike feels so 'poppy' between small hits, I don't do anything huge but for just for doing small jumps here and there, it's great. So much easier than a reign.

Posted: Apr 7, 2015 at 15:26 Quote
I like flicking my Trance around too. I switched from a 40+ pound Giant Glory to a 28.5 pound Trance 1 with an SX build and it's so much more fun to throw around on the same jumps. A lot lighter and a lot more playful. There's just something about getting air on a trail bike that's a total blast. I've pushed my Trance pretty hard (biggest being a 6-7 foot drop) and it handles it all just fine but if I know I'm going to be doing that kind of thing I just put a little more air pressure in my suspension.

Posted: Apr 7, 2015 at 15:49 Quote
I have moved from a old 2010 trance to my custom build 2014 with 50 mill stem and 740 bars and the bike is a massive improvement it jumps really well, don't get them pop like my old ns sub did of the lips but that's to be expected.
If it's a flowy trail with jumps I just run the shock and fork in the middle peddle setting for added pop. I most admit I feel as comfortable on this as I did on my old gambler over the jumps so I'm overly impressed and the bike handles mini whistler at warncliffe better than expected to be honest. The front can wander a bit over the rocks but that's my fault for running a tf tuned revelation

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013304
Mobile Version of Website