Brands & organizations: how to submit feature stories & event reports
Have an action video of one of your athletes you’d like us to post? Think our readers would enjoy reading your event report?
Great, submit a Pinkbike blog post following the instructions above and the guidelines below. If your content is embargoed, email all materials separately to email@example.com
with detailed instructions.1. Include photos and/or video
• Event reports should have a good mix of racing, results, and behind-the-scenes content. Use this Pinkbike Event Coverage guide
for what to include.
• Videos should be uploaded to the Pinkbike platform. Other videos will be run by special permission only.2. Be timely
• Event reports long after an event won’t be published.
• Stories that have been posted elsewhere first won’t be published.3. If coordinating a story with an ad buy, have your materials confirmed early
• We don’t allow takeover ad buys in conjunction with reviews or product embargoes, but we do allow them to support feature stories, videos, etc.
• Things being posted Monday morning in conjunction with an embargo or takeover need to be submitted by Thursday at midnight. We don’t guarantee anything submitted over the weekend.4. Do not imply an endorsement from our content team
• Don’t use Pinkbike’s editorial titles (eg. Photo Epic, Must Watch, etc.).
• Don’t do anything that may mislead readers.5. Include the full story
• We strive to continue growing as the platform where our readers are engaged, educated, and get complete insight.6. Get it right the first time
• Changes after publication can be a challenge, so make sure you’ve avoided typos in names, credited all the right people, etc. before you submit your story.
• “Our sponsors are upset we included a photo of our broken frame, can you delete it?” doesn't fly. We will not alter the substance of a story once it has been submitted, because there is too much back-and-forth, and too much opportunity for Pinkbike to be "the bad guy".7. Include only 1 link or call-to-action per submission8. Avoid outlandish or misleading product placements.
• Bike checks and similar are fine.9. Date the release and include whether the material is for immediate release or delayed release
• If your content has an embargo, please make note of it at the top of your story in bold letters.
• Unless otherwise requested, releases go out ASAP. If the embargo specifies a day but not a time zone, we’ll generally release it at 12:01 am, Pacific Standard Time.10. Make yourself available for additional info
• Identify the organization or individual sending the release.
• Include the name, phone number, and email of someone we can contact if we have questions.