Powered by Outside

Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel, Spur & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel, Spur & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!
Posted: Oct 19, 2017 at 21:43 Quote
AlexxxC wrote:
Finally got my patrol totally finished this weekend with the wheelset built up.
photo

Undreneath all the mud, its a XL 2017 Patrol Alloy with a 160 Lyrik, 150mm Reverb, Hope e4s and Sram X1 and King hubs laced onto DT Swiss Ex511 rims.
A rather wet weekend where I definitely took a kicking due to my tyre choice of DHF/Aggressor.
Any opinions on a Maxxis Shorty vs Wet Scream as I could now probably do with a slightly more mud specific tyre for the front and swap the DHF to the rear for uplift days.

If it's spikes then a shorty. But magic Mary's can perform better all round in intermediate mud. I'd have both and choose based on how deep the mud is

Posted: Oct 19, 2017 at 22:56 Quote
I ordered a patrol gx build early August and i was told first two weeks in october. I'm now told before the end of October. Has anyone received their 18 models in the uk yet?

Posted: Oct 19, 2017 at 23:06 Quote
Techyrob wrote:
I ordered a patrol gx build early August and i was told first two weeks in october. I'm now told before the end of October. Has anyone received their 18 models in the uk yet?
People that buy the first batch of a bike need to expect that it wont show up on time. Same was going with the nomad 4 and now the same is happening with the new polygon trid zz. First bike batches will never show up on time.

Posted: Oct 19, 2017 at 23:59 Quote
I ordered a ‘18 Patrol 12 days ago and it shipped two days ago. Due to arrive tomorrow at the shop. Another guy in Oregon received his about 5 days ago. So, they are shipping them out.

Posted: Oct 20, 2017 at 5:27 Quote
Techyrob wrote:

I ordered mine 2 weeks ago. I was told mid November... I hope that there are no delays

GX Eagle too

Posted: Oct 20, 2017 at 11:43 Quote
Which colourways have you guys chosen?

Posted: Oct 20, 2017 at 12:54 Quote
wythall1 wrote:
Which colourways have you guys chosen?

Black and grey Patrol for me.

Posted: Oct 20, 2017 at 18:18 Quote
Went with the Green/black. Asked for whatever was ready to ship; could have gone either way. The grey looks pretty sick

Posted: Oct 21, 2017 at 0:30 Quote
Both great colourways! I asked the question as I am not sure which one I would go with. I think that I would have to flip a coin for it! lol

Posted: Oct 21, 2017 at 0:53 Quote
Just purchased a fox x2 for a 2016 patrol, anyone know their base settings for me to have a go of? Ta

Posted: Oct 21, 2017 at 7:23 Quote
willaasss wrote:
Just purchased a fox x2 for a 2016 patrol, anyone know their base settings for me to have a go of? Ta
Fox settings are pretty good

Posted: Oct 21, 2017 at 10:05 Quote
rhyssutton wrote:
seppe80 wrote:
photo

photo

photo

Cracked chainstay! Looked like a paintchip to begin with... DIdnt feel it much on the bike, but it did'nt take much force to break it completly!

Quick and fast service by local Transition dealer and Transition HQ, new chainstay already on bike :-)
Yeah mine went same place. They redesigned back triangle the replacement was a newer design.

On my third chainstay on my Scout, though crack occurred in a different spot. When the second cracked I asked the Transition guy if I should move to a Patrol and he stated it wasn't any stronger, so with the Scout i stay

Posted: Oct 21, 2017 at 11:35 Quote
Had a crash last weekend at FOD mini enduro with a tree, carbon Patrol top tube snapped. Don't remember a thing about the crash

Luckily it was already going back on warranty for something else

Posted: Oct 21, 2017 at 20:05 Quote
so with the Scout i stay

snicker snicker....

Posted: Oct 22, 2017 at 8:44 Quote
Hey. Seeing the cracked chainstays on the 2016 patrols I thought I'd check mine. There is a slight crack on the weld. I was wondering is it still under warranty and how long it would take to get a replacement. It will be two years old in January 2018.
Thanks

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017840
Mobile Version of Website