Powered by Outside

Evil Owners Club

PB Forum :: Evil
Evil Owners Club
Posted: Sep 13, 2015 at 12:13 Quote
I don't know what they said. The only think I know is that his bike was bought directly to the importer.

Posted: Sep 13, 2015 at 12:36 Quote
Kanicula wrote:
Hi.

Here is the deal of my friend, an Undead owner. He crashed because of broken brake mounts and they don't want to replace the frame..That's a shame

Evil Undead Carbon brake mounts broken

The only logical reason I can think of is that the brake rotor fitted is larger than recommended. Do Evil state a maximum rotor size?

Posted: Sep 14, 2015 at 10:32 Quote
chappers998 wrote:
Kanicula wrote:
Hi.

Here is the deal of my friend, an Undead owner. He crashed because of broken brake mounts and they don't want to replace the frame..That's a shame

The only logical reason I can think of is that the brake rotor fitted is larger than recommended. Do Evil state a maximum rotor size?

I doubt it's the rotor size on a DH bike. It's the fact that carbon probably isn't all that it's cracked up to be. I think Pivot is starting a new trend back to metal frames.

Posted: Sep 14, 2015 at 11:23 Quote
Boardlife69 wrote:
chappers998 wrote:
Kanicula wrote:
Hi.

I doubt it's the rotor size on a DH bike. It's the fact that carbon probably isn't all that it's cracked up to be. I think Pivot is starting a new trend back to metal frames.
I was trying to be nice Confused I ran a 203 on my undead and had no issues before the frame failed.

Posted: Sep 16, 2015 at 4:11 Quote
mini-freerider wrote:
Overtorqued bolts?

I get the feeling that's what they're going to tell him...

If it happens to me i have an in-date calibration cert with my torque wrench to help my case

Posted: Sep 16, 2015 at 4:52 Quote
Shiny-side-up wrote:
mini-freerider wrote:
Overtorqued bolts?

If it happens to me i have an in-date calibration cert with my torque wrench to help my case

Just had a tour of your profile, your undead is reaaally nice!

Posted: Sep 16, 2015 at 4:59 Quote
mini-freerider wrote:
Shiny-side-up wrote:
mini-freerider wrote:
Overtorqued bolts?

Not only the Undead... Big Grin

Posted: Sep 16, 2015 at 5:05 Quote
Barkit wrote:
mini-freerider wrote:
Shiny-side-up wrote:

Not only the Undead... Big Grin

It's a dirty addiction

O+
Posted: Sep 16, 2015 at 6:07 Quote
I would guess under torqued. I have seen this happen on an aluminum frame when the bolts come loose and the mount slams forward when you brake. Unfortunate situation regardless. Hope it's made right somehow.

Posted: Sep 16, 2015 at 21:44 Quote
For anyone interested I spoke with evil today about the future of the uprising when it comes to part availability. This was mainly due to me asking for a new swing arm since my derailleur hanger threads stripped but he stated they will continue getting parts in for the uprising for their customers and they are waiting on a large shipment of bearings, bolt kits, and swing arms. So if you need any of those right now they are out of stock but due in shortly. Hope this calms anyone else who was worried about the future of their beloved ride.

Posted: Sep 17, 2015 at 1:32 Quote
niall27 wrote:
Insurgent is on line Smile

http://evil-bikes.com/

Bad timing for me, KX450 on the way first.

Posted: Sep 17, 2015 at 1:38 Quote
Shiny-side-up wrote:
niall27 wrote:

In the FAQs....Braap!

Why does the chain ride so close to the chain stay
Due to progressive kinematics, tight clearances and the need for super stiff chain stays we increased the chain stay heights which gives about 2-3mm of chain clearance just like a motocross bike.. Braaap

O+
Posted: Sep 17, 2015 at 6:08 Quote
Shiny-side-up wrote:
niall27 wrote:

Moto's sit on the swing arm lol. Kawi's specifically are known for going through chain sliders extremely quick lol. You getting a new 16? I've heard good things...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017192
Mobile Version of Website