Powered by Outside

Post your Devinci Wilson

PB Forum :: Devinci
Post your Devinci Wilson
Posted: Sep 23, 2010 at 10:18 Quote
And it was the pivot above the BB on mine

Posted: Sep 23, 2010 at 10:36 Quote
and what was actually the problem? where you bearings seized?

Posted: Sep 23, 2010 at 13:37 Quote
It was the chainstay pivot on mine as well. Same basic symptoms as oliver. Creaking when the rear travel goes back to full extension. It was just occasional for months, thought it was a seatpost clamp (which also squeaks sometimes), but last week it started creaking on almost every pedal stroke. Go back to page 78 and there's pictures of what the pivot sleeve was like when I pulled it out.

Posted: Sep 24, 2010 at 8:30 Quote
so your bearings had seized? how do you use the grease port actually? do you need a special tool?

Posted: Sep 24, 2010 at 8:54 Quote
Unfortunately my frame didn't come with a grease port on the linkage pivot or the chainstay pivot, bit disapointed that it didn't because the Ollie I had previously did.

I never had the right fitment anyway, I just took screwed the whole thing out to inject grease in on the Ollie but the Wilson one's are different.

Posted: Sep 24, 2010 at 9:45 Quote
You do need a grease gun to grease the pivots, but I just take everything out and squirt some grease in and torque it back up. I'm still unsure what state by bearings are in because I can stick the (intact) end of the sleeve through the bearing and it will turn smoothly under moderate load. But judging on how worn out some parts of the sleeve were, it's quite likely that the bearings are also damaged or worn.

Posted: Sep 24, 2010 at 10:25 Quote
so i found an easy way to check witch bearing is sqeaking on the wilson all you have to do is get a can of wd-40 and spray one pivit at a time drive the bike around the back yard till you spray the one that stops the creaking.sometimes the wd-40 will clean out some of the dirt and last for a day. i also use the wd40 to clean the bearing and pivit when its all open

Posted: Sep 24, 2010 at 11:02 Quote
Mine were seized solid, didn't even bother trying to clean them up, ordered two new bearings for £12

Posted: Sep 24, 2010 at 13:46 Quote
adam163 wrote:
photo

Here's my 2010 Devinci Wilson - bought the frame & forks new from Freeborn (to replace my 2007 IH Sunday) and built it up myself earlier in the summer - really happy with the bike - full spec is:

FRAME - 2010 Devinci Wilson Large
REAR SHOCK - 2010 Fox DHX RC4
SPRING - Nukeproof TI 400x3.00
FORK - 2010 Fox 40 RC2 with Ti firm spring

FRONT WHEEL
HUB - Hope Pro II
SPOKES - DT DB
RIM - Mavic EX729
TYRE - Maxxis High Roller 2.5 42a with Stans NoTubes

REAR WHEEL
HUB - ope Pro II
SPOKES - DT DB
RIM - Mavic EX828 UST
TYRE - Maxxis High Roller UST 2.5 60a

DRIVETRAIN
CRANKSET - Race Face Atlas FR
BB - Race Face
CHAINRING - E13 Guide Ring 36T
CHAINDEVICE - MRP G2
CHAIN - SRAM PC991
REAR MECH - Shimano Dura Ace
REAR SHIFTER - Shimano Saint
CASSETTE - Shimano Dura Ace
GEAR CABLES - Clarks

BRAKES - Formula MY10 The One FR with 200mm rotors F&R

CONTROLS
PEDALS - Gusset Slim Jim Magnesium
BARS - FUNN Fatboy 750mm 15mm rise
GRIPS - ODI Ruffian MX
STEM - Sunline Direct Mount
HEADSET - Hope 1.5 reducer with Head Doctor
SADDLE - Specialized
SEATPOST - Thomson Elite
SEATCLAMP - Superstar Bolt

Weight (on my scales) is currently 17.8kg / 39.2lb - slightly heavier than I thought but guess that's the disadvantage of going with the Fox 40 over the Rockshox Boxxer WC.

TOTAL DISASTER - this morning my garage was broken into and this bike along with 3 others stolen - would appreciate people keepings eyes and ears open

Posted: Sep 24, 2010 at 14:05 Quote
!!! That's awful! Cry Really hope you get them back.

O+
Posted: Sep 24, 2010 at 14:15 Quote
:O shit dude!!!! Keep your eyes out online on ebay etc. fortunately its a different enough spec from the stock that you could work out it was yours
have you reported it to the police?

Posted: Sep 24, 2010 at 15:37 Quote
thnx, yeah - old bill came round tonight - SOCO will be round tomorrow to dust for prints - will be keeping a careful eye on the on-line websites

Not a good end to the week.

O+
Posted: Sep 24, 2010 at 15:40 Quote
adam163 wrote:
thnx, yeah - old bill came round tonight - SOCO will be round tomorrow to dust for prints - will be keeping a careful eye on the on-line websites

Not a good end to the week.
thats well shitty dude Frown i hope that you get it back!!! Salute
p.s. when searchin through ebay etc. bear in mind the thief probably doesnt know much about the bike, and so may just have it listed as "dh bike" or something, and is likely to have a very limited description (and probably low feedback)

O+
Posted: Sep 28, 2010 at 17:50 Quote
Whats that clear tape called you use to tape your down tube and such?

Posted: Sep 28, 2010 at 18:02 Quote
leafman91 wrote:
Whats that clear tape called you use to tape your down tube and such?
heli-tape?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.039454
Mobile Version of Website