Powered by Outside

YT Capra Owners

Posted: Nov 23, 2015 at 3:01 Quote
@Bongo - thanks for the reply.

I got a confirmation of the order this morning saying that payment was received, but no delivery estimate on it - other than asap.

One thing I did notice though, is at the bottom of the email, their discliamer that has been translated into English isn't quite what it should be. This is a copy & pasteof the exact wording:

"Please note that due to delivery retards from our subcontractors a later final delivery of the goods indicated in your order can occur. In the case of eventual supply delays you wil be informed in time."

Posted: Nov 23, 2015 at 4:25 Quote
graemeiow wrote:
Woppyman wrote:
Just back from BPW, 2 inch of snow and a bit of fun on A470.

Just cleaning bike up, noticed streaks of oil from bottom of devilles on the lower high and low speed compression side of fork. Still seems to work fine - should I worry?

I'm heading to BPW on Weds - hoping its not going to be too sloppy Woppy! I want to go hit 50 shades, hopefully the ground will be firm(ish).

Drop the lowers and change the little o ring mate then refil oil

Posted: Nov 23, 2015 at 4:31 Quote
Hey Guys,

A litle help over tire choice, specially for rear. The mavic that comes with the last year Pro is ok when its dry but in the wet which tire(s) do you recomend? I've found my self all over the place in some muddy bits on local trails and not being able to keep momentum...

Thank you!

Posted: Nov 23, 2015 at 4:36 Quote
kyte wrote:
Hey Guys,

A litle help over tire choice, specially for rear. The mavic that comes with the last year Pro is ok when its dry but in the wet which tire(s) do you recomend? I've found my self all over the place in some muddy bits on local trails and not being able to keep momentum...

Thank you!
Maxxis shorty is the best mud tyre I've ever used on the front. Fine with the high roller on the back. Inspires lots of confidence but sells out fast.

Posted: Nov 23, 2015 at 4:43 Quote
Finally my Capra is ready
photo

This is a Comp 2 model but i upgraded it with Shimano XT 1x11 drivetrain.

Posted: Nov 23, 2015 at 9:09 Quote
graemeiow wrote:
Woppyman wrote:
Just back from BPW, 2 inch of snow and a bit of fun on A470.

Just cleaning bike up, noticed streaks of oil from bottom of devilles on the lower high and low speed compression side of fork. Still seems to work fine - should I worry?

I'm heading to BPW on Weds - hoping its not going to be too sloppy Woppy! I want to go hit 50 shades, hopefully the ground will be firm(ish).

Should be ok by then. 50 shades was closed on Sat due to a tree down

Posted: Nov 23, 2015 at 12:53 Quote
Stenimir wrote:

why? more weight and less gear range

Posted: Nov 23, 2015 at 12:57 Quote
bakunin wrote:
Stenimir wrote:

iv done the same. shifting is much better and cheaper to replace when sram breaks ha

Posted: Nov 23, 2015 at 18:40 Quote
gpgalanis wrote:
According to modern geo the new bikes should be lower and longer but I really wonder what is the limit between long enough and too long and what is the best choice for all mountain use where flicability is also important? Same thing applies about the fact that they are becoming slacker.

Having ridden a capra and recently a nicolai mojo geometron, I can honestly say that the modern geo's can still be taken a bit further.

The geometron is pretty extreme geo wise but it worked well, though I think a trade off may be that it requires more speed to come alive sure to the super stable geo.
That's not really something new though, as lots of people state that their shorter travel bikes for example are more fun on most trails.

If I was to guess, I'd say 2017 capras may go with similar geo measurements to a patrol.

Posted: Nov 23, 2015 at 22:00 Quote
StrgAttractor wrote:
Ruffy wrote:
I saw there are some sizing questions again, and yes sizing is a personal thing. I found one picture on my computer so i said i'll post it. Mabye it will help someone when picking size.I am 178cm and Capra is L size.
Capra size L. I am 178cm
Did you change the stem?, I'm 1.78-1.79 too and I'm thinking to buy a shorter one. But, the renthal is so pretty... but not cheap. I wonder if it's worth the 1cm for 100 euros.

Nope. Stem is stock so the handlebar. Capra is small when comparing to other bikes..

Posted: Nov 23, 2015 at 22:08 Quote
At this point it is difficult for me to see the Geometron as an all around all mountain bike. On the other side I think that the Capra could have been a little longer to start with.

I suppose that the bikes will eventually get longer, lower and slacker anyway so we will have to wait and see what the future holds for us.

Posted: Nov 24, 2015 at 0:00 Quote
adamjimny wrote:
bakunin wrote:
Stenimir wrote:

iv done the same. shifting is much better and cheaper to replace when sram breaks ha

This and wnated the 1x drivetrain and Shimano was much more cheaper then Sram and proved more reliable!

Posted: Nov 24, 2015 at 1:17 Quote
Hi all,

I have recently had my 2015 Pikes replaced under warranty on my AL1 due to creaking in the steerer unit. I received some new 2016 Pikes from YT and SRAM and after fitting, I have a weird clunking on bigger hit’s (think up the top of the travel), and the fork feels ‘loose’.

I have checked all the standard stuff like headset, stem etc however everything seems in order. At a bit of a loss as to what the issue could be as they are brand new. Any advice would be appreciated guys.

Cheers

Posted: Nov 24, 2015 at 3:48 Quote
Scottydotteril wrote:
kyte wrote:
Hey Guys,

Thank you!
Maxxis shorty is the best mud tyre I've ever used on the front. Fine with the high roller on the back. Inspires lots of confidence but sells out fast.

Thanks Scottydotteril, i wasn't sure if i should go for a full mud tire or a more all rounder like the High Roller or Nobby Nic.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.190944
Mobile Version of Website