Between sc chameleon and transition trans am

PB Forum :: Other
Between sc chameleon and transition trans am
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Aug 24, 2010 at 13:24 Quote
I am going to buy new hardtail frame for all round play (since i only have budget for one bike). My frame choice is santa cruz chameleon and transition trans am. I am going to use the bike mainly for trail riding, fun downhill, xc, 4x, pump track, and commuter bike.

which one will be better and more versatile, SC chameleom or Transition TA?
*i already have pike for fork, so i can adjust the travel. plus i also have two wheelset (heavy duty and a light one), so it will pretty much depend on the frame

O+
Posted: Oct 14, 2010 at 13:49 Quote
Hey
I've been looking for the exact same type of frame as what you described. I narrowed it down to the transition and chameleon because every other frame I looked at was impossible to get ( ex. Sinister ridge). I think that the main difference will be the steel frame vs. Alum frame. Other than that they are pretty similar. ( I would expect the transition to be a bit more "hardcore" ). Tell me which you go for! :p

Posted: Oct 29, 2010 at 10:45 Quote
Both are great frames for trail/all-mountain. Go with the one your local shops carry (saves you hassle if you warranty the frame). FYI Santa Cruz has a 2yr warranty, transition 1. both have unlimited crash replacement (replace at lower cost if event it is damaged outside of warranty coverage).

O+
Posted: Dec 29, 2010 at 13:45 Quote
I've never ridden a transition but the chameleon would be a great choice, and will be lighter but still strong. I've used mine for just about everything, you can build it up for whatever you want to do and with a pike that will be a very versatile bike. I've ridden mine on XC, aggressive trail riding, DH jump trails, dirt jumps, and riding to class. It has lasted years of abuse.

Mine has a pretty similar setup to what you are looking to build up
photo

photo

good luck with the choice, hopefully this helped a little.

Posted: Dec 29, 2010 at 13:49 Quote
Wish i had the extra cash to build one for winter riding! nice set-up

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011216
Mobile Version of Website