What marzocchi fork are you running and rate it

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
What marzocchi fork are you running and rate it
Posted: May 30, 2014 at 16:14 Quote
millpill wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:
Likely needs the o-ring under the top cap replaced.

the thing is, i got the fork less than 2 months ago, approximately late april. Do you think they'll warranty it? And if i replace the o-ring, can i do the 20mm travel adj easily while it's apart?

i bought one thru Jensons and had it warrantied thru Marz for a leaking issue

Posted: May 30, 2014 at 21:54 Quote
demon666 wrote:
millpill wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:
Likely needs the o-ring under the top cap replaced.

the thing is, i got the fork less than 2 months ago, approximately late april. Do you think they'll warranty it? And if i replace the o-ring, can i do the 20mm travel adj easily while it's apart?

Same here. I've emailed them, and they haven't gotten back in 5 days. Did they give you an RA# and send the fork to Marz for service, or do they just send you the o-rings

Posted: May 31, 2014 at 9:07 Quote
millpill wrote:
demon666 wrote:
millpill wrote:

Same here. I've emailed them, and they haven't gotten back in 5 days. Did they give you an RA# and send the fork to Marz for service, or do they just send you the o-rings

i live close to a service center ,so i dropped it off in person, they told me if i have a receipt for the purchase they would fix it no problem .

Posted: Jun 1, 2014 at 5:17 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
andywee wrote:
i'm running a 380 here.

got a question for any 380 users. I'm approx. 70kg fully loaded. did a couple of jumps already. but for some reason, the max it would go is only 150-160mm, stock spring, just 1 click preload. current sag @ 37mm
You are running aprox 18% sag, for fr/DH 25-33% is recommended. You should be seeing up to 65mm sag if you want to be on the plush end of things.

I didnt change anything. but after testing the sag @ fully loaded, it's currently @ 50mm. that's about 25% sag. I still managed to max out at 160mm only.

has anyone been able to use nearly the full travel of the 380 DH fork?

i read this from another forum
"I've read in a german forum, that the last 4-5cm of travel are controlled by an elastomer to get that ramp, which causes problems with light riders because they can't get full travel. "

Posted: Jul 25, 2014 at 3:03 Quote
I'm going to buy Marzocchi 320 LR 29 for XC racing. What do you think about this fork? How it works? Is it reliable?

Posted: Jul 25, 2014 at 3:14 Quote
Does 55r 2014 have air preload or whole fork works on coil?

Posted: Jul 26, 2014 at 1:42 Quote
Dorianl98 wrote:

Air and coil preload

Posted: Jul 26, 2014 at 1:50 Quote
shmoodiver wrote:
Dorianl98 wrote:

Air and coil preload

So that means that i can pump it and then climb bether as it has not got lockout?

Posted: Jul 26, 2014 at 2:56 Quote
They loose small bump sensitivity when you put air in them.

Posted: Jul 26, 2014 at 2:58 Quote
Does that mean that i can climb bether?

Posted: Jul 26, 2014 at 3:45 Quote
Oh no, looks like it only has coil preload.

Posted: Jul 26, 2014 at 3:48 Quote
Yeah wind it on dude, maybe try a little bit of a top up with some oil in the damper side.

Posted: Jul 26, 2014 at 4:22 Quote
shmoodiver wrote:
Yeah wind it on dude, maybe try a little bit of a top up with some oil in the damper side.

Is this some kind of sarcasam?

Posted: Jul 26, 2014 at 5:50 Quote
Dorianl98 wrote:
shmoodiver wrote:

I don't think its sarcasm.

Zocchi is well known for their air preload even on their rc3 damper.
if you put air on the coil side, it would make the fork noticeably stiffer. You may like it for climbing, but it surely change how it feels on the way down. Some call it spiky.

I personally never put air on my zocchi forks, because it change the behavior of the fork in a strange way. I better of using lighter or thicker oil to change the fork feel. Combine with oil volume alteration, and you might find the sweet spot of your zocchi fork. It may sound complicated, but actually its so easy and logical to playing with.
hope this help.

Posted: Jul 26, 2014 at 6:10 Quote
manachim wrote:
Dorianl98 wrote:
shmoodiver wrote:

I don't think its sarcasm.

Zocchi is well known for their air preload even on their rc3 damper.
if you put air on the coil side, it would make the fork noticeably stiffer. You may like it for climbing, but it surely change how it feels on the way down. Some call it spiky.

I personally never put air on my zocchi forks, because it change the behavior of the fork in a strange way. I better of using lighter or thicker oil to change the fork feel. Combine with oil volume alteration, and you might find the sweet spot of your zocchi fork. It may sound complicated, but actually its so easy and logical to playing with.
hope this help.

Thanks my main concern is 6km road climb after the trail, but i think that pumping some air into it befor climb and releas it after

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012791
Mobile Version of Website