Finger Joint/Knuckle Pain

PB Forum :: Fitness, Training and Health
Finger Joint/Knuckle Pain
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Aug 8, 2011 at 0:31 Quote
Does anyone else get really stiff fingers/knuckles after riding for a while, especially riding fast paced DH stuff?

My knuckles and finger joints have always cracked, ever since I can remember... so I guess that has something to do with it. Just wondering if anyone knows anything I can do to help with the recovery, and perhaps just ongoing help to reduce the pain and stiffness after riding?

Cheers!

Posted: Aug 16, 2011 at 12:07 Quote
crunchss wrote:
Does anyone else get really stiff fingers/knuckles after riding for a while, especially riding fast paced DH stuff?

My knuckles and finger joints have always cracked, ever since I can remember... so I guess that has something to do with it. Just wondering if anyone knows anything I can do to help with the recovery, and perhaps just ongoing help to reduce the pain and stiffness after riding?

Cheers!

My fingers are exactly the same, hurts like hell. My brakes are well adjusted and I`m running ODI Rogue (fairly fat) on both my bikes.
Hoping for some good advise here.. Smile

Posted: Oct 25, 2011 at 10:43 Quote
Same :L I think its because I hold my bars to tight but if I loosen my grip it bounces round in my hands :/

Posted: Dec 9, 2011 at 3:45 Quote
grips are wrong for you, either too ''fat'' or too ''skinny'' you need to experiment with what works.

also brake lever position, your levers need to be positioned so you dont need to move your wrists either up or down to get hold of the lever, imagine holding onto your grips, and extending your fingers, thats where your levers should be. you shouldnt have to move around on your grips to find controls.

bars, you may have too much sweep/angle/width etc

i realise all this may sound odd, but when your holding onto something for given period, you may be causing inner stress to muscles and tendons in your wrists, arms, and fingers.

you just got to keep adjusting and finding the right position.

mark

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009357
Mobile Version of Website