Moose Mountain Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Moose Mountain Thread
Posted: Aug 18, 2013 at 17:36 Quote
RONDAL wrote:
Does anyone here have an EVOC or equivalent bike travel bag I can borrow for a week in late september? Taking a trip and would like to use something like that rather than boxing as airlines love to charge extra if you show up with a bike box.

Obviously willing to give a deposit and compensate you for letting me borrow it.

If you have one available you aren't using please let me know via PM

Bowcycle will rent hard case travel bags

O+
Posted: Aug 20, 2013 at 20:42 Quote
Trail Evening: Wednesday, August 21 @ 7:00, Ing's Mine Parking Lot

The flood water has receded and now we can get back to fixing up some trails. While the damage was for the most part, not horrible (other than T-dub) - we will need to make some repairs. Meet at Ing's Mine at 7:00 pm for a couple of hours of trail work to help get the trails back in shape. Tools will be provided and we will work until dark. Don't count on food as there won't be much time and we want to get as much work done as possible.
Projects may include, but will depend on the number of people and tail leads that come out, repairs to all Canyon Creek approaches, line adjustment at the bottom of SHAFT, erosion repairs to Race of Spades (a few people can bring their bikes and a bag to carry tools if they wish to facilitate timely access), and as always, Family Guy (almost complete!). (And oh yeah, some prizes from our friends at DAKINE.)
You can also pick up your MMBTS "Trail Crew" t-shirt, only available to volunteers at trail days for only $5!

Posted: Aug 24, 2013 at 18:54 Quote
Hey, can anyone tell me how far Moose Mountain is from the Canmore area? I'm living in Banff for the summer, and I was looking forward to going out to Moose Mountain after work to ride some bikes, assuming it was relatively close to Canmore, but google maps is telling me its 2 hours away, which obviously isn't gonna happen after work. Is this right? I thought Moose Mountain was in-between Calgary and Canmore, and thought it would be about a half hour drive.

Was really looking forward to getting some last minute biking in before school starts again, please tell me google is wrong haha.

Posted: Aug 25, 2013 at 12:26 Quote
Klarrrrr wrote:
Hey, can anyone tell me how far Moose Mountain is from the Canmore area? I'm living in Banff for the summer, and I was looking forward to going out to Moose Mountain after work to ride some bikes, assuming it was relatively close to Canmore, but google maps is telling me its 2 hours away, which obviously isn't gonna happen after work. Is this right? I thought Moose Mountain was in-between Calgary and Canmore, and thought it would be about a half hour drive.

Was really looking forward to getting some last minute biking in before school starts again, please tell me google is wrong haha.

moose is near bragg creek. from canmore you basically need to drive all the way to highway 22 then head south down to bragg creek

Posted: Aug 28, 2013 at 12:14 Quote
RONDAL wrote:
Klarrrrr wrote:

moose is near bragg creek. from canmore you basically need to drive all the way to highway 22 then head south down to bragg creek

Google says it is about 1.5 hour that is probably correct (from banff) https://maps.google.ca/maps?saddr=banff&daddr=Moose+Mountain+Road,+Bragg+Creek,+AB&hl=en&ll=50.883543,-114.765244&spn=0.060757,0.169086&sll=54.112352,-126.555646&sspn=14.481839,43.286133&geocode=FXvrDAMdr4cc-Sn9SgyRRcpwUzFjlKzavq6vyg%3BFUSVCAMdmAop-SldfulGsQJxUzFqgAou8IXFOg&oq=moose+mountain&mra=ls&t=m&z=13 -if you go the speed limit and don't stop for snacks that is.

Posted: Aug 31, 2013 at 9:41 Quote
If anyone wants to ride Panorama tomorrow for their final day let me know.

O+
Posted: Sep 3, 2013 at 16:06 Quote
Hey all! I was up on Shaft, Billy Dog and Toothless last night (sept 2) and lost my wallet SOMEwhere, god knows where. If anyone happens to see a small red/gold money clip with about 6 cards in it, a Driver's License (my name is Craig James Meeks, if you see it), a debit card, couple credit cards, etc. If anyone happens across this, PLEASE give me a call!! 4039194467, thanks all!

O+
Posted: Sep 4, 2013 at 18:18 Quote
Hello, I ran into a guy in Fernie about a month ago who said he was a part of the bike club in bragg creek and he told me there would be a trail poker day later this month. Thought it sounded like a good idea to come as I've never been there and he said there would be guided tours and that kind of thing. Checked the website and says nothing on the calendar so I was just curious if this event was still going to happen?

O+
Posted: Sep 8, 2013 at 17:39 Quote
Just tossing this out there. A really good 11yr old just had his bike stolen of a vehicle rack outside bowcycle this afternoon . It's a 2012 black demo8 extra small. Code brakes. Black cromag bars.black Boxxer fork. Red shifter cable. If anyone has any info that would be great . This kid is a ripper and it really breaks my heart to see him out of anyone get jackedFrown

Posted: Sep 11, 2013 at 15:21 Quote
Anyone shuttling moose this Saturday? I haven't been riding out there all summer and it's killin me!
Let me know if u want to split shuttles/gas$$
-Steve

Posted: Sep 12, 2013 at 10:19 Quote
Should be lots of people shuttling out there Saturday. Just go to Ing's Mine and you will find somebody to shuttle with. During the week is harder - anybody going out later this afternoon??

Also - don't forget the big trail day this weekend. Bow Cycle is sponsoring and it starts at Station Flats at 9 am Sunday. We will beat the heat and then get a good feed of Spolumbos after. MMBTS will be working on Family Guy and a re-route of the bottom of T-dub. Only 200m left to dig on Family Guy so hopefully we get it done. GBCTA and CMBA are also involved and have projects to work on too.

O+
Posted: Sep 13, 2013 at 8:54 Quote
Quick reminder that Bowcycle is hosting a trail day this Sunday at Moose Mountain. We’ll be meeting at 9am at Station Flats. Bowcycle will be provide the coffee and post work BBQ, we’ll provide the tools, and all you have to do is provide a little trail love. Following the flooding this spring it’s now more important than ever that we come together as community and maintain the trails we all use and enjoy. More info at: http://www.mmbts.com/members/time-to-rebuild/

Posted: Sep 21, 2013 at 18:32 Quote
Got a couple open seats for moose tommorow. tryin to leave town around 12 from the nw, just bring a bitta beer or gas money . text 403 835 seven six six three

Posted: Sep 22, 2013 at 19:10 Quote
Did any one find some dog callers out at ings mine I left them tied to a tree on a yellow nylon rope one blue one orange.

O+
Posted: Oct 10, 2013 at 20:11 Quote
Unfortunately the Trail day previously scheduled for this Saturday (Oct 12) is cancelled.
Instead, you should book the following weekend at the mountain!

Saturday (Oct 19) is the last trail day of the Year! One last chance to give back and support your community.

Sunday (Oct 20 ) (weather pending) MMBTS Annual Poker Run. This event is crazy fun, with everyone sharing shuttles and prizes galore!
(More details will be posted on the website soon.)

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014451
Mobile Version of Website