Falling allot what should i do

PB Forum :: Fitness, Training and Health
Falling allot what should i do
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Oct 31, 2011 at 14:12 Quote
Hey i am a new rider and love riding with my friends and people that are waaayyy faster
someone on here said i should ask the community y that is
i feel it is becasue i am gettin over my head with speed and technicallity wise and that i havent developed my bike handling skills
what do you think
josh

Posted: Nov 1, 2011 at 13:28 Quote
If you feel like you are above your head, then stop. Your riding friends should be encouraging to you by understanding you are a new rider and do not have the same skills they may have.

If they want to bomb down a double-black and you don't feel comfortable with that, you need to speak out and say you are not ready for it. If they are good friends/riding partners, they should understand. If they prod you to ride way above your head, find new riding partners.

It is up to you to determine your limits and how far you want to stretch them.

Posted: Nov 5, 2011 at 19:01 Quote
Yeah I like riding with people that are faster than me too, but I learned my lesson following a DH Racer well, down hill. Hit a kicker, crashed into a tree, went over the bars and jacked my foot up real good. I couldn't go running or do any serious riding for a month. It was a shitty month, right in the middle of summer.

I would say work on your basic's, and keep riding with them. You'll get faster riding with faster people, but know your limits, if you feel yourself hesitating with something, let off and chill out, it's already to late.

Posted: Jan 14, 2012 at 11:45 Quote
dude are you serious about that?

riding with people who are better than you is extremely good and to my oppinion fastest way to learn...
riding beyond your ability is the fastest way to get seroiusly hurt,,,
pretty simple Razz

Posted: Jan 18, 2012 at 9:25 Quote
Go at a speed thats BARELY out of your comfort zone and most importantly, always look where you want to go! Don't look at your front tire but look about 10-15 feet ahead of you! It feels weird at first but you can see whats coming and avoid rocks and trees much easier and be able to keep your speed. And when you are entering a turn you should already be looking out of it at the other side. On jumps spot your landing and when your 3/4 the way through the air start looking further ahead again and get prepared for whatever is after the landing. It is great to be riding with faster people too! Hope this helps!

Posted: Jan 20, 2012 at 19:18 Quote
You won't be able to learn anything if you're hurt, just ride within what will help you improve, but not hurt yourself.

Posted: Feb 17, 2012 at 10:08 Quote
All good tips on here...Another thing, don't forget to have fun. Each person's idea of fun is different.. Some riders think bombing down at 65 mph next to a 2,000 foot cliff is fun. Others think just chillin' going 8 mph down an easy trail is fun. Some think the more chunk, the more fun.

So...ride how you want....and ride to have fun. If you fall, get up, brush off, and get back on the horse...and have more fun.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010113
Mobile Version of Website