Dh bike Propain rage ? what they like

PB Forum :: Downhill
Dh bike Propain rage ? what they like
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Nov 17, 2011 at 10:43 Quote
Im considering getting a propain rage dh bike has anyone rode one and what are they like ?

Posted: Nov 18, 2011 at 2:16 Quote
https://www.pinkbike.com/news/propain-rage-88-2011.html#cid169352 is the only thing i can find , Aparently dirt have a review of it in February 2009 edition of the magazine , might be worth ordering a back issue.

They look like a bargain to me , so well specced and nice to look at

Posted: Nov 18, 2011 at 3:49 Quote
they are great bikes, just weigh so much. My mate had one and loved everything apart from the weight.

Posted: Nov 18, 2011 at 4:53 Quote
http://www.propain-bikes.com/images/pdf/wideopen/9-2009.pdf
WideOpen mag reviews of the rage

Posted: Jun 20, 2015 at 15:39 Quote
The shock linkage system is stupidly plush. I didn't find the bike very playful but i recokned it has lots of character. If you're looking to blaze thru rock gardens get one. If you want something more freeride-oriented then don't.

PS: if you're a tall guy like me (1,79m / ~5,8ft) you might want to test one out first. I found the cockpit of the 2009 model on the small side...

O+
Posted: Jun 21, 2015 at 12:34 Quote
I'm also interested in these, the price is crazy good, especially with the custom build option. The only thing putting me off is the long back end which probably wont suit a lot of the tight UK stuff although I'm not sure how much difference a few mm make... The weight seems comparable if you believe the weights listed on the site

Posted: Jun 21, 2015 at 14:55 Quote
dhross wrote:
I'm also interested in these, the price is crazy good, especially with the custom build option. The only thing putting me off is the long back end which probably wont suit a lot of the tight UK stuff although I'm not sure how much difference a few mm make... The weight seems comparable if you believe the weights listed on the site

The 2009 model feels short though...

Posted: Jun 29, 2015 at 7:14 Quote
Thats a great bike... I own 2013 Propain rage.. And im not found any mistake with this bike... U can cek my profile for this bike... I also use 2014 propain spindift for my freeride-all mountain weapon.they all nice n comfort ride bike... That just my opinion.

Posted: Jul 1, 2015 at 4:50 Quote
Personally i don't own one, but i can sum up german reviews about the bike Wink

Generally the propain rage is a race oriented downhillbike. The rear suspension is on the soft side and offers a lot of stability in fast sections. In the air it is well balanced but it offers not as much "pop" like other bikes (demo, wilson). In general the testers say, that you can compare the charakteristics of the rage with the charakteristics of an intense m9 .

O+
Posted: Jul 1, 2015 at 5:02 Quote
Thanks mate, i've tried reading them on Google translate but didnt have much luck! Big Grin Im really tempted to get one the price is crazy!

Posted: Jul 1, 2015 at 15:22 Quote
dh4life21 wrote:
Personally i don't own one, but i can sum up german reviews about the bike Wink

Generally the propain rage is a race oriented downhillbike. The rear suspension is on the soft side and offers a lot of stability in fast sections. In the air it is well balanced but it offers not as much "pop" like other bikes (demo, wilson). In general the testers say, that you can compare the charakteristics of the rage with the charakteristics of an intense m9 .

On the "really soft side"! If you're looking to bunny hop this bike all the way down the trail look somewhere else though.

O+
Posted: Jul 1, 2015 at 23:47 Quote
Cant it be set up stiffer and faster to make it more hoppy?

Posted: Jul 2, 2015 at 2:56 Quote
dhross wrote:
Cant it be set up stiffer and faster to make it more hoppy?

I believe it could be made stiff by adjusting the shock or swapping to a harder spring. As for making it hoppy, i have my serious doubts.

O+
Posted: Jul 2, 2015 at 4:02 Quote
Thanks for the advice mate, really useful

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012661
Mobile Version of Website