What do you mean?

Posted: Jun 19, 2015 at 5:19 Quote
Say no vertical videos

Posted: Jun 19, 2015 at 19:20 Quote
jackstack wrote:
Say no vertical videos

Sorry not sorry

Posted: Jun 22, 2015 at 7:47 Quote
Thinking of building a jump from barrels and dirt. Any feedback would be hugely helpful!

The brown is dirt and the pink is the barrels. Any suggestions or ideas are welcome Made using Google SketchUp

The brown is dirt and the pink is the barrels. The 30 degrees is the angle of take-off and landing. Also 58cm is the lenght of the table. Will I over shoot it I could make the landing longer with a slacker angle.

The brown is dirt and the pink is the barrels. Any suggestions or ideas are welcome.

It's not for dirt jumping just for getting confident in the air. My biggest fear though is completely over shooting it. I lengthen the landing and slacken the angle but I don't want to make the table too long as I want my little brother to be able to clear it too. My dads friend has a digger so maybe that could come in handy! Construction

Posted: Jun 22, 2015 at 8:54 Quote
Barrels don't last long ,unless they are plastic ? and when they collapse it hurts Smile We used to have a run called the barrel run due to all the jumps being made from barrels and one of them collapsed upon take off , went over the bars and decided to remove all the barrels.

Posted: Jun 22, 2015 at 9:26 Quote
NotDannyHart wrote:
Thinking of building a jump from barrels and dirt. Any feedback would be hugely helpful!

The brown is dirt and the pink is the barrels. Any suggestions or ideas are welcome Made using Google SketchUp

The brown is dirt and the pink is the barrels. The 30 degrees is the angle of take-off and landing. Also 58cm is the lenght of the table. Will I over shoot it I could make the landing longer with a slacker angle.

The brown is dirt and the pink is the barrels. Any suggestions or ideas are welcome.

It's not for dirt jumping just for getting confident in the air. My biggest fear though is completely over shooting it. I lengthen the landing and slacken the angle but I don't want to make the table too long as I want my little brother to be able to clear it too. My dads friend has a digger so maybe that could come in handy! Construction
depends on the speed you'll be hitting it at. Since the table top is only half a meter you will most likely over shoot at a slow to moderate speed. Id make the table about 2m long or make a double to save on material/labour

Posted: Jun 22, 2015 at 9:38 Quote
If you have a digger then don't bother with the barrels, you will be fine without them. Unless there are cows or yaks, those things can ruin everything.

Posted: Jun 22, 2015 at 9:45 Quote
Well turns out I can't get the digger. If the barrels were filled with water would that improve them?

Posted: Jun 22, 2015 at 9:51 Quote
NotDannyHart wrote:
Well turns out I can't get the digger. If the barrels were filled with water would that improve them?

Are they plastic ?

Posted: Jun 22, 2015 at 9:54 Quote
Sorry didn't see that last part.

Posted: Jun 22, 2015 at 9:58 Quote
NotDannyHart wrote:

If your that fussed about saving on dirt, build a solid dirt lander and a wooden kicker, also means you can then move it about till you find the right distance for you. As for the little bro situation, youll probably not be able to build something that will do for both of you, itll be either too small for you or too big for him.

Posted: Jun 22, 2015 at 10:01 Quote
bigburd wrote:
NotDannyHart wrote:

Are they plastic ?
Nope, empty steel oil drums

Posted: Jun 22, 2015 at 10:23 Quote
inked-up-metalhead wrote:
NotDannyHart wrote:

If your that fussed about saving on dirt, build a solid dirt lander and a wooden kicker, also means you can then move it about till you find the right distance for you. As for the little bro situation, youll probably not be able to build something that will do for both of you, itll be either too small for you or too big for him.

Solid advice right there. I was thinking about the wood kicker with a flat top cover but then again the width of the table section would have to be significant as to not fall off the top of the table. Maybe just an all dirt tabletop, no more than 3 feet tall is great for learning jumping skill. I honed all my skills as a kid on jumps that never exceeded 3 feet tall, the distance was different for each jump but the overall size(amount of dirt/effort) of them was not very significant.

Posted: Jun 22, 2015 at 14:39 Quote
inked-up-metalhead wrote:
NotDannyHart wrote:

You know I might just do that. A jump for me and one for him. Move it around as we progress

O+
Posted: Jun 22, 2015 at 16:24 Quote
Build one wide dirt landing and have 2 wooden kickers? Or just build one and tell little bro to suck it up and send it? Little kids aren't suppose to be scared of anything I thought?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016462
Mobile Version of Website