Scott Gambler OWNERS

PB Forum :: Downhill
Scott Gambler OWNERS
Posted: Mar 22, 2014 at 13:17 Quote
amkok wrote:
Hi guys, i'm about to buy 2009 gambler fr 20 from some guy. My question is: Where can i see if it is a short or long? Is there a place on frame where i can see that?

On my frame there is a sticker on the side that says L for long and there should be one saying S If its a short. But if its 2009 doubt it will still be on there have to get your tape out.

Posted: Mar 22, 2014 at 14:01 Quote
tankzaclover wrote:
amkok wrote:
Hi guys, i'm about to buy 2009 gambler fr 20 from some guy. My question is: Where can i see if it is a short or long? Is there a place on frame where i can see that?

On my frame there is a sticker on the side that says L for long and there should be one saying S If its a short. But if its 2009 doubt it will still be on there have to get your tape out.

Is there a part of bike which I should measure to get informations about size? I don't need to measure whole bike, do I?

Posted: Mar 22, 2014 at 14:04 Quote
Measure the top tube , from half way through the head tube and seat tube and compare to online specs of a large

Posted: Mar 23, 2014 at 10:37 Quote
Hello !
My Gambler with RockShox Totem ...

My Scott Gambler 10 with Rockshox Totem

Funny !!!!!!!

Posted: Mar 24, 2014 at 9:43 Quote
^^^ Actually looks pretty cool!

Posted: Mar 24, 2014 at 19:39 Quote
The new gamblers are pretty tasty with single crown forks, especially that one the shaperideshoot guy rides with the white 36's

Posted: Apr 5, 2014 at 6:26 Quote
amkok wrote:

On mine, beneath the bottom bracket (turn the bike upside down) it's got 'S' stamped onto it.

Posted: Apr 17, 2014 at 0:55 Quote
Hi Guys!
I am planning to buy a new gambler frame(2014) in the future and I don't know
what size to use because I am 180 cm(5'10) tall and I am perfectly in the middle
of the size chart from Medium to Long Big Grin I would ride the bike in Maribor, Schladming,
Leogang, Semmering and in other Austrian bike parks. I will try it out for sure but before
that I'd like to get some information about it. I would use an air shock in it, so please give
me some info on strength, "behave" and sizing of this bike.

Thanks in advance Smile

Posted: Apr 17, 2014 at 1:22 Quote
tried searching the tread cant find it , but does anyone know the length of hardware il need to mount a shock on my gambler? am i imaging that the two sizes are different on this frame when i look at the mount positions?

fox dhx rc4 9.5 x 3.25
scott gambler 2010

Posted: Apr 18, 2014 at 7:56 Quote
Im not too sure on shock hardware for the older frames sorry

Posted: Apr 18, 2014 at 9:03 Quote
Have you heard something aboit scott recall for incorrect shock bushings? With the new gamblers?

Posted: Apr 18, 2014 at 9:18 Quote
vuki wrote:
Hi Guys!
I am planning to buy a new gambler frame(2014) in the future and I don't know
what size to use because I am 180 cm(5'10) tall and I am perfectly in the middle
of the size chart from Medium to Long Big Grin I would ride the bike in Maribor, Schladming,
Leogang, Semmering and in other Austrian bike parks. I will try it out for sure but before
that I'd like to get some information about it. I would use an air shock in it, so please give
me some info on strength, "behave" and sizing of this bike.

Thanks in advance Smile

i'm roughly the same size as you, (178cm), and i ride a large. the fit is perfect, if that helps in any way

Posted: Apr 18, 2014 at 11:40 Quote
darQ96 wrote:
try some user manuals

I have already checked that but it is not detailed enough at least for me as to which measurements are the shock mount dimensions.

Hardware Mainframe 22,2mm x 8mm
Hardware Swingarm 40mm x 8mm

and this is why i was confused as to their being two lengths for each mount. eitherway i cant figure out what size i need at this point to be honest lol

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018335
Mobile Version of Website