The 20" street thread

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
The 20" street thread
Posted: Aug 22, 2014 at 13:32 Quote
Urbaniste wrote:
Does anyone else here run mid or slim seats? Any recommendations?

Kink belt

Posted: Aug 22, 2014 at 14:35 Quote
Urbaniste wrote:

The tree one is nice that's what I'm rocking ATM

Posted: Aug 22, 2014 at 15:58 Quote
Urbaniste wrote:
United Martinez mid is nice

Posted: Aug 22, 2014 at 16:22 Quote
Urbaniste wrote:
Thanks man, thought those two looked promising. I hate just buying stuff and hoping I like it.
No problemSmile

Posted: Aug 22, 2014 at 20:26 Quote
A little update on my BTM build. my LBS sent me photos Monday of the complete bike. on Tuesday I called and said I would come in on the weekend to pick it up. The guy that worked on it says he took it for a test spin and all is good it will be ready. Today I get a call saying that another guy took it on a test spin and they noticed the crank arm was loose and the bolt was actually missing. I asked him how it could just fall off and no one notice it fast enough to find the bolt. I was told that they took of the arm a few times to make adjustments. Unless I am missing something why would the crank arm have to be removed to make any type of adjustment? The test spin was more like a Joy ride and someone didn't use locktight. I am kind of concerned. do have good reason?

Posted: Aug 22, 2014 at 20:52 Quote
Might have been making adjustments to the chainline?

Posted: Aug 22, 2014 at 21:21 Quote
christianridesbikes wrote:
good reason but no excuse to not tighten the bolt enough that it falls off and gets lost. oh well if the bolt gets overnighted like the said its on for tomorrow.

Posted: Aug 22, 2014 at 22:52 Quote
Urbaniste wrote:
Thanks man, thought those two looked promising. I hate just buying stuff and hoping I like it.
I do like my BSD - live life seat, they look awesome and whilst thin the padding is pretty soft

Posted: Aug 23, 2014 at 7:55 Quote
Anyone seen Alex Donnachie's recent bike check on the BSD website?

He's running a raw proto frame. I seriously hope it's an Alex D sig frame, he seriously deserves one. Guy kills everything.

Posted: Aug 23, 2014 at 8:05 Quote
flexte wrote:
good reason but no excuse to not tighten the bolt enough that it falls off and gets lost. oh well if the bolt gets overnighted like the said its on for tomorrow.
They put the crank on and didn't bother with the bolt then someone probably dropped it, kicked it under a table or threw it out or something would be my guess...

Posted: Aug 23, 2014 at 8:14 Quote
Urbaniste wrote:
flexte wrote:
They put the crank on and didn't bother with the bolt then someone probably dropped it, kicked it under a table or threw it out or something would be my guess...

this, we have black carpet in the workshop, and it is hell to try find little bolts in, or under benches.

Posted: Aug 23, 2014 at 8:17 Quote
Turn your phone's flashlight on. You'll find it instantly.

My shop's floor is this shiny linoleum type material so the light trick is a bit harder.

Posted: Aug 23, 2014 at 12:13 Quote
Kieran-Young wrote:

He's running a raw proto frame. I seriously hope it's an Alex D sig frame, he seriously deserves one. Guy kills everything.
hope so, he's the only tech street rider that I really like. He has such a unique way of looking at setups and it just makes him so good to watch.

Posted: Aug 23, 2014 at 16:12 Quote
Joedavidson wrote:
Kieran-Young wrote:

hope so, he's the only tech street rider that I really like. He has such a unique way of looking at setups and it just makes him so good to watch.

It is a proto sig frame, ittl be interesting to see what he goes for considering the wza is one of the shortest on the market, can it get shorter ?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.028284
Mobile Version of Website