Nukeproof Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Nukeproof Owners Club
Posted: Jul 12, 2016 at 12:26 Quote
Dawesy92 wrote:
photo
Hi, I've got a 2016 mega 650 model, the paint has started chipping round the linkage joint, any ideas if this is covered under warranty? I've only riden it 4/5 times?

From where the paint is chipping it looks like it could maybe from play in the pivot or bearings moving against the paint ?

Every thing done up tight ?

Posted: Jul 14, 2016 at 0:35 Quote
Travel66 wrote:
Poey50 wrote:
Travel66 wrote:

What is the Tune please?

M / L

Cheers....I will check mine..think its L/L

Its L/L with Debonair.........

Posted: Jul 15, 2016 at 2:03 Quote
Good morning boys and girls.
Does anyone own a large or XL mega 275? I'm ordering the frameset soon but I'm 6 foot 3 so I'm stuck between the two sizes. The large has a shorter reach and wheelbase than my current ride, XL has same reach, slightly longer wheelbase. I'm leaning towards the XL but it has a 40mm longer seat tube than my current ride and i'm worried the seat won't go down far enough to be out of the way when things get rowdy.
Any thoughts on the subject would be greatly appreciated.

Posted: Jul 15, 2016 at 2:38 Quote
Yep,I own a 2014 xl with a reverb stealth and I'm 6" 3' . Clearance is not a problem at all,my arse can hit the rear tyre if it needs to.....not that I recommend it.
Dunno if the frame geometry is the same on a 16/17 thou.

Posted: Jul 15, 2016 at 2:57 Quote
Brilliant thanks for that mate, i'll check the geometry chart for your model.

Posted: Jul 15, 2016 at 4:49 Quote
kes2903 wrote:
Does anyone own a large or XL mega 275? I'm ordering the frameset soon but I'm 6 foot 3 so I'm stuck between the two sizes. The large has a shorter reach and wheelbase than my current ride, XL has same reach, slightly longer wheelbase. I'm leaning towards the XL but it has a 40mm longer seat tube than my current ride and i'm worried the seat won't go down far enough to be out of the way when things get rowdy.

This may help.............I've got an XL 290 and the ST length is same as 275....there's still 2-3 inches I can drop the post by. I'm 6'2" with longer than average legs for my height. Reach is sweet.

Posted: Jul 15, 2016 at 8:41 Quote
Travel66 wrote:
kes2903 wrote:

This may help.............I've got an XL 290 and the ST length is same as 275....there's still 2-3 inches I can drop the post by. I'm 6'2" with longer than average legs for my height. Reach is sweet.

Thanks pal

Posted: Jul 15, 2016 at 8:42 Quote
Travel66 wrote:
kes2903 wrote:

What length stem are you using?

Posted: Jul 15, 2016 at 8:49 Quote
kes2903 wrote:
Travel66 wrote:
kes2903 wrote:

Still on a 50 with zero rise, but going to try a 40 with a slight rise...

Posted: Jul 15, 2016 at 8:51 Quote
Travel66 wrote:
kes2903 wrote:
Travel66 wrote:

Still on a 50 with zero rise, but going to try a 40 with a slight rise...

I should add I don't know what the stack on the 275 is (you will probably have to ask unless you can one of the calculators to work it out for).......its 627.5mm for the 290 XL....

Posted: Jul 18, 2016 at 4:43 Quote
hairy1976 wrote:
anyone else had their 2016 pulse recalled/cracked?

Unfortunately yes Frown

Have you had your new'un yet? What colour did you go for?

Posted: Jul 27, 2016 at 14:49 Quote
Almost done!
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y248/cjwood23/MTB%20Stuff/Mega%20Build/IMG_20160727_200953_zpsfqwv6v6r.jpg

Posted: Jul 27, 2016 at 15:12 Quote
marko369 wrote:
hairy1976 wrote:
anyone else had their 2016 pulse recalled/cracked?

Unfortunately yes Frown

Have you had your new'un yet? What colour did you go for?

I decided to go for a refund on the frame, they offered me spare frames etc but I dont trust the frames now so went for a YT tues carbon instead.

Posted: Jul 27, 2016 at 20:56 Quote
Morning.
My 2015 Mega AM 275 frame bearings now need replacing. I don't really want to replace with the stock bearings and have read that SKF/winch/endure max bearings are the ones to go for. However, when I look at the websites for these, it seems that that you need to know exactly which bearings you need rather than listing them by frame manufacture and model. I have tried looking for exploded view diagrams etc to no avail. Firstly, does anybody have any experience of fitting the non stock bearings and what advantages are there to them? Secondly, can somebody point me in the right direction or post up a link as to which bearings I would actually need?
Much appreciated.

Posted: Jul 27, 2016 at 22:51 Quote
I got mine from wych bearings, the manual will tell you which ones you need, check the page with the diagram of the frame
If not I'll post later when I get home.
The 2015 is the square tuned one same as a 2014 right?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.017722
Mobile Version of Website