Powered by Outside

Hope Pro 2 , bent though axle spindle ?

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Hope Pro 2 , bent though axle spindle ?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 23, 2013 at 12:44 Quote
Hi guys I have a Hope Pro 2 rear hub ( original pro 2 ) , when removing the axle from my bike today , which normally slides out very easily once off the threads, it was very tight and had to pull pretty damned hard to get it out.

I checked it again with the wheel out of the frame to make sure the frames all straight and again the axle was very hard to install and remove , I checked the 12mm axle on a flat surface to make sure thats not bent and that is fine.

That only leaves the 12mm thru rear spindle inside the hub being bent as a cause right ? or have I over looked some thing ?

Posted: May 24, 2013 at 2:48 Quote
I pulled one of these apart the other day and the spindle/hub axle had snapped in two. The design of the pro 2 evo spindle is substantially different (suspect due to the fact they break easily) but unfortunately you can't retrofit one. Apparently someone makes steel ones.............

Posted: May 24, 2013 at 2:49 Quote
JoeManz wrote:
I pulled one of these apart the other day and the spindle/hub axle had snapped in two. The design of the pro 2 evo spindle is substantially different (suspect due to the fact they break easily) but unfortunately you can't retrofit one. Apparently someone makes steel ones.............

Im starting to think mine has snapped , had a look thru it last night and there is a definate ridge/line in the middle , gonna pull it apart later and have a proper look , thanks for for your reply.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.224150
Mobile Version of Website