Canyon Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Canyon Owners Club
O+
Posted: May 20, 2016 at 8:50 Quote
Has anyone wrapped their Strive CF black in Invisiframe?
Did you go for Gloss or Matte?
I'm just trying to figure out what looks better

Posted: May 20, 2016 at 13:03 Quote
MrMiyagi wrote:
Final version

Lovely rig MrMiyagi, nicely done....

Posted: May 20, 2016 at 13:24 Quote
Received my bike today. Delighted with it. There are some blemishes on the top tube where the wheels etc were wrapped to it. Is this normal?

Posted: May 20, 2016 at 13:36 Quote
AndrewGray wrote:

I used some 3M heli tape in gloss. If I was choosing again I would go with matte instead.

O+
Posted: May 20, 2016 at 13:50 Quote
Csaszi78 wrote:
MrMiyagi wrote:
Final version

Lovely rig MrMiyagi, nicely done....

Cheers, yours is very nice too. Where did you get the decals?

Posted: May 20, 2016 at 14:46 Quote
AndrewGray wrote:

Mine is invisiframed in matte, defiantly looks a lot better than gloss would and it isn't too noticeable as it looks the same as the unprotected parts of the frame.

Posted: May 20, 2016 at 15:18 Quote
AndrewGray wrote:

I m using one in matte. And if u do a good job in sticking it, you will not notice there is actually a later of protection.

Posted: May 20, 2016 at 23:36 Quote
James-R wrote:
muckwarrior wrote:
James-R wrote:
Any tips or advice for fitting it or does the video cover everything?

I found the hardest part was getting the round bolt cap out of the frame. Can't really offer any advice though, it was just a bitch of a job.
Thanks, I'll look out for that. Must watch the video and make sure I've all the tools for the job.

I've done it twice now and it's fine if you follow the video. It is a pain in the ass but the video is great.

Posted: May 21, 2016 at 3:06 Quote
MrMiyagi wrote:
Final version

Nice to see how clean Strive looks :>

Posted: May 21, 2016 at 14:23 Quote
So I finally got around to fitting my replacement shapeshifter today. Had everything reassembled and the last job was to pump it up. Attached the pump and started pumping but the pressure wouldn't build at all. Attached it to the shock to test it out and the pump was working perfectly. Gave it another go on the shapeshifter and I could hear the air leaking straight out as I pumped, although I couldn't pinpoint exactly where.

Anyone seen this before or have any ideas before I send an angry email?

O+
Posted: May 22, 2016 at 5:03 Quote
Try mixing up some soapy water and cover the area then pump and see where it's leaking. It could be something not fully tightened down or a seal nipped. I would take a vid and email them. Then maybe use the old SS to take the part from if feasible.

Posted: May 22, 2016 at 5:26 Quote
The complete opposite of MrMiyagi has..
mine after a one hell of a ride trough rainstorm in forest today, it wasn't so bad here because i washed the 1/5 of the tyre already.. Big Grin Cheers
WatuLimo Adventure

Posted: May 22, 2016 at 6:55 Quote
Sparrowcar wrote:
James-R wrote:
muckwarrior wrote:

I found the hardest part was getting the round bolt cap out of the frame. Can't really offer any advice though, it was just a bitch of a job.
Thanks, I'll look out for that. Must watch the video and make sure I've all the tools for the job.

I've done it twice now and it's fine if you follow the video. It is a pain in the ass but the video is great.

TWICE! ah here lads. Are you both on 2016 ones now?

Posted: May 22, 2016 at 6:56 Quote
Danpyo wrote:
The complete opposite of MrMiyagi has..
mine after a one hell of a ride trough rainstorm in forest today, it wasn't so bad here because i washed the 1/5 of the tyre already.. Big Grin Cheers
WatuLimo Adventure

Your hubs and bottom bracket won't be appreciating that little dip in the river Eek

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015902
Mobile Version of Website