Canyon Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Canyon Owners Club
Posted: Oct 19, 2016 at 2:55 Quote
All reverbs have a little play. It's normal.

Posted: Oct 19, 2016 at 3:13 Quote
drbrunel wrote:
So got my new 2016 Canyon strive CF team and looks amazing in the flesh....A few things I noted though

1) No adaptor valve for shapeshifter was included but canyon are sending straight away

2) a few mm of vertical play in the reverb...Spoke to Canyon and they told me that up to 5mm of vertical travel is within Rockshox tolerance so this is supposed to be normal...I have to admit, I dont know what "normal" is as ive never used a reverb but if it gets worse with time i suppose it then becomes an obvious problem. Would appreciate your comments on this

3) chain drops 2-3 cogs when pedalling backwards on the largest cog on the cassette (42t)... Not a massive issue as ill never be pedalling backwards when in that gear but I still told canyon and they told me its failry normal when having a rear cassette of this size

Problem is im not going to be able to ride the bike for a few weeks but Im hoping all will be well especially with regards to teh reverb as I dont want any hassle of dismantled stuff and getting repairs at such an early stage!

otherwise happy and like I said bike looks great in the flesh

1: My Adaptor was in a strange place, I can't actually remember where but just make sure you have gone through everything.

2: Yes this has been on every reverb I have had.

3: Same issue here don't worry about it

Posted: Oct 19, 2016 at 3:48 Quote
BY the way, is it possible to test the shapeshifter by hand or does the bike have to be ridding?

It may sound like a stupid question, but I currently dont have any pedals and I wont be able to ride the bike for a few weeks...Just want to make sure everything is working as should and the shapeshitter is the only thing I havent been able to test properly

Cheers

Posted: Oct 19, 2016 at 4:16 Quote
drbrunel wrote:
BY the way, is it possible to test the shapeshifter by hand or does the bike have to be ridding?

It may sound like a stupid question, but I currently dont have any pedals and I wont be able to ride the bike for a few weeks...Just want to make sure everything is working as should and the shapeshitter is the only thing I havent been able to test properly

Cheers

I guess no way test it by hand and if it is possible i think that is not proper one as it supposed use when you riding it. and also please follow the manual how to setup shapeshifter properly before set sag for rear shock. enjoy your new bike and safe ride mate...

Posted: Oct 19, 2016 at 10:40 Quote
drbrunel wrote:

Cheers
you should test the bike in maximum 2 weeks so if you find something isn't working properly to signal it to Canyon within 30 days.

Posted: Oct 19, 2016 at 23:59 Quote
taifi wrote:
drbrunel wrote:

Cheers
you should test the bike in maximum 2 weeks so if you find something isn't working properly to signal it to Canyon within 30 days.

yes.. thats right, you entitled to return full bike free of charge within 30 days once you received the bike

Posted: Oct 20, 2016 at 0:02 Quote
i remember last time somebody here talking about to replace all bearing on main pivot and main bearing at least once a year, may i know where to get this bearing kit for canyon especially for strive cf?

Posted: Oct 20, 2016 at 2:25 Quote
Just thought I would upload a picture of my bike on a recent Autumn evening ride.

photo

Posted: Oct 20, 2016 at 3:45 Quote
cygwin wrote:
i remember last time somebody here talking about to replace all bearing on main pivot and main bearing at least once a year, may i know where to get this bearing kit for canyon especially for strive cf?

I contacted Enduro Bearings about ordering a kit for my Strive and they gave me this link here:
http://www.enduroforkseals.com/id492.html

In the end my LBS could supply Enduro Bearings through one of their distributors so I ordered each bearing individually. I was going to put a list together of all the bearing codes to put on here but never got round to it. If you have all the codes then you can order from any reputable manufacturer/supplier.

I'm picking up my Strive this afternoon after having them replaced so I'll get a list together with dimensions.

Posted: Oct 20, 2016 at 3:57 Quote
Hi,

I recently bought the Dfender Powa for my Rockshocks Pike, thought it would look sick on the strive Wink and upon installation the tire kept rubbing, I followed the installation guide and it still rubs?

I double checked the box and it is a Pike fitment.
Do any of you guys have any experience with these?

Thanks in advance

Posted: Oct 20, 2016 at 5:59 Quote
cygwin wrote:
taifi wrote:
drbrunel wrote:

Cheers

yes.. thats right, you entitled to return full bike free of charge within 30 days once you received the bike

So I managed to get some pedals and I can confirm all is working in order and based on a quick spin I am very impressed with the bike and in particular the difference the shapeshitter makes...Now I just hope it stays working!

Posted: Oct 20, 2016 at 7:20 Quote
Hydro390 wrote:
cygwin wrote:

I contacted Enduro Bearings about ordering a kit for my Strive and they gave me this link here:
http://www.enduroforkseals.com/id492.html

In the end my LBS could supply Enduro Bearings through one of their distributors so I ordered each bearing individually. I was going to put a list together of all the bearing codes to put on here but never got round to it. If you have all the codes then you can order from any reputable manufacturer/supplier.

I'm picking up my Strive this afternoon after having them replaced so I'll get a list together with dimensions.

great.. thanks mate for the link.. keep us update here, mine 2016 shouldn't change much i believe

Posted: Oct 20, 2016 at 7:28 Quote
RossCo832 wrote:
Just thought I would upload a picture of my bike on a recent Autumn evening ride.

photo

what a fine day mate.. btw you can use bbcode instead to share the pics outside pinkbike site otherwise just upload to pinkbike photo album and use PBimage button Beer

Posted: Oct 20, 2016 at 9:40 Quote
Nice bike tup

My Strive CF has been shipped and should arrive tomorrow xD.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012220
Mobile Version of Website