Giant Trance 27.5

PB Forum :: Giant
Giant Trance 27.5
Posted: Jun 27, 2015 at 3:32 Quote
mikingle wrote:
try running a little more lsc i have mine at 10 may help.with the bob and give more peddle efficiency as i think the reducer mainly comes into play at end of travel to ramp up and stop the bottom out

Ran short climb and got my LSC at 9 now. Feels awesome... im starting to enjoy the bike alot more now!

another topic, do you think a 40mm ex width (35 internal) rim will fit fine on a trance with the usual 2.3 tyres?

Posted: Jun 27, 2015 at 11:12 Quote
short video with my trance:

Views: 1,332    Faves: 0    Comments: 0

Posted: Jun 28, 2015 at 14:43 Quote
Can anyone tell me what bushing fitting kit I'd need for a Float CTD on my 15 Trance 3? I don't really want to take the shock out just to measure it.

http://www.tftuned.com/tech-help/71-mount-kits-and-bushings-for-rear-shocks-a-guide

Thanks

Posted: Jun 28, 2015 at 14:48 Quote
whyte-rider wrote:
Can anyone tell me what bushing fitting kit I'd need for a Float CTD on my 15 Trance 3? I don't really want to take the shock out just to measure it.

http://www.tftuned.com/tech-help/71-mount-kits-and-bushings-for-rear-shocks-a-guide

Thanks

On my 14 Trance I didnt have to buy any extra fitting kit when I bought a CTD, the fox top bushing fit perfectly and you dont need a lower bushing. Strangely enough Giant designed it with a wider lower bolt which fits through the lower eyelet

Posted: Jun 28, 2015 at 16:16 Quote
whyte-rider wrote:

Thanks

Exact measurement
22 x 8mm top eyelet
15 x 8mm bottom

Posted: Jun 29, 2015 at 2:20 Quote
For those of you with a rockshox pike solo fitted to your trance am curious of comp and rebound settings you have ended up with as it will be my first run with the pike fitted tomorrow cant wait !

Posted: Jun 29, 2015 at 2:22 Quote
Ussr wrote:
whyte-rider wrote:

Thanks

Exact measurement
22 x 8mm top eyelet
15 x 8mm bottom

Amazing, thank you!

Posted: Jun 29, 2015 at 7:29 Quote
mikingle wrote:
For those of you with a rockshox pike solo fitted to your trance am curious of comp and rebound settings you have ended up with as it will be my first run with the pike fitted tomorrow cant wait !

So I weigh in at 155ish with kit... mine in running one token, 45psi, open high speed, 3-4 clicks low speed, and around 5 clicks rebound. All from wide open.

Posted: Jun 29, 2015 at 11:05 Quote
winsail53 wrote:
Please if you already own this bike do you love it or hate it? I'm thinking of buying the frame and building it up.
I pre-ordered this bike right when it came out in 2014, brand new. It's a beautiful bike with fantastic suspension. This is more of an all mountain bike then cross country I would say. She petals beautifully on the up hills and powers through downhills. Ive takin mine to mountain creek multiple times and, as long as your not too rough, it handles everything fine. The stock suspension is more then enough for all mountain anf I would suggest just buying the fully built one that giabt provides. Component wise, ive never really had mechanical failures but more of me just being stupid and bailing awkwardly. If you do decide building it up, ive seen people put Fox Float X CTD (with piggy back) on, although if you do get the piggy back be cautious about bottoming out.

Posted: Jun 29, 2015 at 11:06 Quote
Does anybody know what the max suspension (front and back) this bike can have without getting wonkey geometry?

Posted: Jun 29, 2015 at 11:45 Quote
I wouldn't put more than 160 up front though I may wrong. Based on mine I would 200x57 is the most you will get on the back - add any more and things will start hitting each other that shouldn't be hitting.

Posted: Jun 30, 2015 at 1:30 Quote
madcracker79 wrote:
mikingle wrote:

So I weigh in at 155ish with kit... mine in running one token, 45psi, open high speed, 3-4 clicks low speed, and around 5 clicks rebound. All from wide open.
45 psi seems low is that to achieve 30 % sag recomended for my weight is 70 to 80 psi but i do t get the sag at 30 % unless at about 65 does this seem right first ride on it today and its not even comparable to the fox that was on there its awesome

Posted: Jun 30, 2015 at 3:54 Quote
mikingle wrote:
madcracker79 wrote:
mikingle wrote:

45 psi seems low is that to achieve 30 % sag recomended for my weight is 70 to 80 psi but i do t get the sag at 30 % unless at about 65 does this seem right first ride on it today and its not even comparable to the fox that was on there its awesome

Don't be too focused on sag. Of course you need it and it shouldn't be too little or too much. I'd say an average sag between 15-30% in attack position is fine on a pike. Use whatever pressure you need to achieve this. It's much more important to use pressure to avoid blowing through mid travel (unless you get it tuned for your weight/style, re-shimmed) or top out, then adjust sag to X%. Add/reduice cockpit height to make up for more/less sag.

Looking at rock shock's pressure table on the fork leg, I'd always look at recommendations for -10kg from my actual ride ready weight. As a starting point, tune from there.

How the ride feels is most important, regardless of what the sag% says.

Posted: Jun 30, 2015 at 4:32 Quote
photo
my 2014 trance 27.5 1 with a new rockshox pike 160mm along with db inline 200x57 1x10 setup 50 mm stem and wide bars was the first ride on the pike today and was not disappointed

Posted: Jun 30, 2015 at 7:53 Quote
remguru wrote:
Does anybody know what the max suspension (front and back) this bike can have without getting wonkey geometry?

160mm front 200x57rear you will be maxed out.

I would really recommend CC inline.. my bike feels totally different now! I'm amazed by how much a shock makes this a totally different bike now. The shock helps make the trance a totally different machine. The bike is now very lively now.
(in my own honest opinion the rc3 plus was way too harsh on the initial strokes)

I feel that the trance needs an liner start,and progressive mid to end.

you could try the fox float x with a corset can or the new 2015 floats. They have a more liner initial stroke which would greatly reduce the harshness on the stock shocks.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015847
Mobile Version of Website