My Lockout isnt as stiff..

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
My Lockout isnt as stiff..
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Nov 9, 2013 at 0:37 Quote
I have 140mm Rockshox revelation front suspension with bar mounted lockout.

The lockout (when locked) isnt the stiffest, how can i sort this out or what could be wrong?

Posted: Nov 10, 2013 at 0:57 Quote
What you mean about the stiffest?
If you mean not completely lock out, maybe you pushed it too hard or your pressure in main chamber is too low.
I never had revelation, but my pike does that.
one more thing, the more you put the floodgate (+), the more lockout that you will had. And pike (I assumed so is revelation), is having a blow off compression circuit, means even you set your fork in lock out, but it will absorb a big hit.
hope this help.

Posted: Nov 12, 2013 at 23:06 Quote
First thing to check is the gate adjuster. Rockshox have a little knob (it's blue if memory serves) which controls the amount of force required to activate the blow-off of the lockout. If your gate is set too low, you might not get much of a lock-out before the gate opens.

If your settings are correct, Rockshox forks can suffer from hydro-lock. What happens is oil is forced out of the cartridge and sits in the lowers. Your cartridge no longer has sufficient oil to activate a lock-out. You can check this by removing the air pressure from your fork and trying to bottom the fork by hand. If you have oil in your lowers, the fork will not compress all the way.

If you have no oil in your lowers, it is also possible your oil level was too low to start with.

If you don't have hydro-lock, your gate is set correctly and you have the proper amount of oil, then you have a mechanical problem. Possibly your lock out lever is janky, or you have something broken in your damping unit.

Posted: Nov 13, 2013 at 15:18 Quote
Thanks guys. Basically. I've pumped up my forks which were lower than 20psi and now are on 200psi! Which has made them near enough perfect!

Posted: Aug 27, 2016 at 16:51 Quote
Cackerman, you mention hydro-lock, which seemed it might be an issue with my fork. I removed the air pressure and tried to bottom the fork by hand. It didn't seem to compress all the way, with about 20mm still available. With air removed should the bottom section slide all the way up to the top with none of the top inner section showing? I'm new to Rockshox and this might be all they are supposed to compress to, however just thought that I would check.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011910
Mobile Version of Website