Powered by Outside

Question for Lapierre Spicy owners

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Question for Lapierre Spicy owners
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jan 24, 2014 at 0:46 Quote
Hi guys...
I own a 2012 Lapierre Spicy 516 size S.
I love this bike so much, except of one problem.
I want to change to rear shock to a more capable one. Right now I'm running the stock one, Fox Float RP2, and I want to change it.
The problem is that the upper eyelet sits so close to the frame that the body of a bigger shock thouches the frame.
I've tried to switch to the new Float-X and the body was too big, it didn't allow the eyelet to go in its place.
BTW no problem with the piggybag.
My next choice is Rockshox Monarch Plus. BUT no shocks left here to test it as well, so I can't know for sure if it fits.
That's where I need your help:
Has anyone changed the rear shock? Any insights of how the Monarch's body compared to the Float-X? Do you guys think it will fit?
I'm adding a photo marking the problem.
Any help is appriciated. Thanks in advance.

photo

Posted: Jan 24, 2014 at 14:26 Quote
You can definitely fit a BOS Vip'r on a 2010 frame, probably a 2012 frame would be the same.

If your looking to upgrade, I would consider a Vip'r over the monarch or the float-x.

Posted: Jan 24, 2014 at 21:56 Quote
Why?
I looked at the new kirk, but the price is very high...

Posted: Jan 25, 2014 at 2:01 Quote
Yeah they are expensive, but I think they are very well damped shocks, not sure I can explain what I mean.
I've seen lots of spicy (and zesty) frames with the vip'r (I had one for a bit but it was on loan, I noticed the difference when I changed back), not seen a Kirk yet.

The DB Air may be worth a look too, really good shocks and I've seen a few on spicy frames.

Do you still have the float x? Did you try the shock the other way round? I.e. With the main can towards the rear wheel. On some of the bikes with db airs (like on address below), they have to be this way round to work.

http://www.canecreek.com/products/suspension/lounge/forum/db-air-lapierre-spicy-316-2013-26

Posted: Jan 25, 2014 at 9:50 Quote
It surprises me that the ccdb fits... I'll go try one on my bike, and if it'll fit - done deal.
Thanks!
About trying the float x the other way around... no can do.
The yok doesn't allow it because it holds the eyelet from its side, which will lead to the piggybag to be on the side, and nobody wants that...

Posted: Jan 25, 2014 at 10:06 Quote
Would a crane creak double barrel air fit ?

Posted: Jan 26, 2014 at 0:02 Quote
I'll check it this week and let you know if you're interested

Posted: Jan 27, 2014 at 3:44 Quote
I have the 2013 Spicy and I have the CCDBA fitted and no probs at all. I will fire some images up when I get a mo.

photo

FL
Posted: May 8, 2014 at 0:41 Quote
Hi, Got a lapierre zesty 2014 and on this model the piggy back shocks don't fit, the bottom of my top tube got slightly chiped, BOS Kirk seems to have a shorter piggy back anyone made sure it fits?

O+ FL
Posted: Sep 21, 2014 at 13:42 Quote
davyr wrote:
I have the 2013 Spicy and I have the CCDBA fitted and no probs at all. I will fire some images up when I get a mo.

photo

What is the shock length pal?

O+
Posted: Nov 6, 2014 at 4:29 Quote
davyr wrote:

photo

Can u tell me what shock length and stroke length were on shock?

O+
Posted: Sep 2, 2015 at 6:16 Quote
Can anyone help me and tell me what size shock they used to replace the stock one ?
I am building up a frame that came without a shock and I don't know what eye to eye and stroke measurement is. I tried Lapierre but they never responded to my email.

Thanks

O+
Posted: Sep 2, 2015 at 12:51 Quote
dogboy1066 wrote:
216mm X 63mm

Thanks !

Posted: Oct 4, 2015 at 12:02 Quote
Hi guys I have a 2012 spicy 316. Would a 2.35 tyre fit on the rear.?? ASAP answer as need to get one Tomo

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019160
Mobile Version of Website