Hope mono mini adaptors

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Hope mono mini adaptors
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 5, 2014 at 5:38 Quote
hi all, I have purchased a set of hope mono mini's off ebay and noticed they are is mount whare as my alixir r's are post mount. so I bought a set off post to is mounts off ebay, shimano ones. they don't fit the hope brakes! could anyone please advise me as to which mounts I would need to fit them for a 180 front and 160 rear.

many thanks in advance.

Posted: Mar 5, 2014 at 16:27 Quote
Hi, Thank you for the reply. I have compared my calipers to the ones in the picture. The caliper that on the right is set up for the rear and vise versa.
Both mounts on frame and forks are post mount.

Posted: Mar 6, 2014 at 16:05 Quote
So..... if I leave the calipers set up the way they are, I will need a 180 adapter for the front and a 160 adapter for the rear, this will enable me to use 160 mm rotors front and rear?
Do they have to be hope adapters or will any fit?

Posted: Mar 8, 2014 at 14:49 Quote
Thank you cobba. I really appreciate your time and your help.
I hadn't noticed the difference in my calipers until you pointed it out and it explains why the front caliper wouldn't fit on the adapter I bought. I sold the adapters on ebay already and I could've used them by swapping the calipers around. Bummer! Lol

Posted: Mar 12, 2014 at 17:26 Quote
I don't remember which adapters I bought. They are now sold on ebay. My problem is finding a adapter for the left caliper in the pic. I also bought a hope B mount hoping this would fit, it didn't. The rear mounts are is, not post as I stated earlier. The rear caliper is set up with the caliper on the right, so I assume that no adapter would be needed for a 160 rotor. The front, I just can't seem to find the correct adapter.

Posted: Mar 12, 2014 at 17:26 Quote
The bike came with 160 pm front and 160 is rear.

Posted: Mar 14, 2014 at 19:00 Quote
Thanks for all your help and advice cobba. I got one of the shimano adapters you listed and fits a treat. The hope brakes nearly ended up on ebay lol
Cheers..

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009714
Mobile Version of Website