29er beginner

PB Forum :: 29ers
29er beginner
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 15, 2014 at 16:17 Quote
Hi I just converted from a 160mm travel 26 inch wheel Scott Ransom to a 29er 120mm spesh comp . Does anyone here feel when they've converted that their ride feels bigger even on a medium frame and the mtb turning radius is a bit larger than their last ride?
I'm wondering if I should have chosen the older 26 inch trek fuel ex8 instead that was a similar price but then again , will it be rarer to find 26 inch wheels in the future?

Posted: Mar 15, 2014 at 19:29 Quote
I ride a 26" and a 29" and prefer the 29" for 98% of my rides.. and yes there is a difference as you pointed out.. Certainly takes more finesse to flip the 29r around vs the 26".

I'd say the 26" tires will be around for a long time to come.. Finding new 26" bikes might be harder in the future but seeing how people are slow to change it might be a good thing..

Posted: Mar 16, 2014 at 17:39 Quote
Thanks Jen . Its so strange . I thought bigger wheels would mean better pickup on smooth grounds like my roadbike but in fact they feel kinda heavier when climbing hills although this may be due to the fact I'm too used to certain luxuries on my previous bike like its crank brothers variable remote droppable and riser seatpost which helps alot on ascents

Posted: Mar 19, 2014 at 16:29 Quote
I run a rockshox reverb on the 29r.. The only thing I miss with the 29r's suspension is any form of lockout.. It's nice to have the option.. With hard pedalling uphill the front end if I really crank on it feels soft.. But in that same token going downhill is so much more fun.. Smile

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008944
Mobile Version of Website