Heading out to Whistler for Crankworx in August

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Heading out to Whistler for Crankworx in August
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jun 18, 2014 at 16:13 Quote
Hey PB, Salute

A buddy and I will be road tripping it from Ontario to BC this August to get some much needed proper DH biking in as well as watching some of the Crankworx events! Just was thinking it would be cool to meet up with some other people out there, locals or even people just visiting with the same idea as us lol tup Never been out to Whistler before but it's been a dream of mine since I was a kid.

Looking forward to hearing for all of you!

Posted: Jun 25, 2014 at 16:33 Quote
Hey hey!! I'll be in whistler riding on the weekend of August 8th. I'm not a pro riding but definitely I love whistler. Maybe we can ride some trails together or just have a beer!!

Let me know if you are interested!

O+
Posted: Jun 30, 2014 at 12:44 Quote
I'm doing the same (there almost all of August) and on my own so would definitely like to meet up with some people, even if its just the beer!

Posted: Jul 3, 2014 at 18:33 Quote
Cool guys sounds good! Looking forward to an unreal week of riding! See you guys out there

Posted: Jul 3, 2014 at 19:26 Quote
Ohhh yeah, whistler is unreal haha! Looking forward as well.

O+
Posted: Jul 13, 2014 at 21:08 Quote
can't wait! little bit worried how much I'm going to spend on bike park tickets over the whole month Big Grin first world problems!

Posted: Jul 15, 2014 at 22:02 Quote
t1mage wrote:
can't wait! little bit worried how much I'm going to spend on bike park tickets over the whole month Big Grin first world problems!

Check for edge card, it's cheaper than buy day by day. Or season pass for $600 ish, if you go 10/11 data you already paĆ­s for it.

O+
Posted: Jul 16, 2014 at 21:35 Quote
not a BC resident or even Canada so can't get the Edge but thanks. I had a look the other day and if I get a 3 day pass I can add additional days for $44. So I think I calculated that I'd have to ride something like 16 days to make the season pass worth it.

Posted: Jul 17, 2014 at 15:47 Quote
Yeah, I called and asked about the Edge card and I think its a winter only deal and then if you had it the past winter, you could get additional deals in the summer. In our case, they said the Triple Play card along with the added days is the best deal. I'm only planning on riding maybe 6-7 days so I think the card is the best bet.

Posted: Jul 17, 2014 at 16:05 Quote
Oh I see I see.
Is good to know and too bad you can't get it if you are not a bc resident.

I guess the triple card is the best option then.

O+
Posted: Jul 28, 2014 at 16:47 Quote
also found out when you get the triple pass you can add additional days on it at a discounted rates, i added another 4 and got the average price down to something like $45 a day.

O+
Posted: Aug 6, 2014 at 9:31 Quote
when do you guys get here?

Posted: Aug 6, 2014 at 9:54 Quote
I'll be there Saturday 8th.
Did you ride already?

O+
Posted: Aug 6, 2014 at 14:13 Quote
i've ridden a few days already, still got days left on my pass. thinking of picking up a demo bike at the weekend or Monday as I've been riding an AM bike.

Posted: Aug 6, 2014 at 15:10 Quote
I would recommend that. A full downhill in whistler is very fun. We should do some laps on Saturday.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.019986
Mobile Version of Website