2015 Giant Glory 27,5

PB Forum :: Giant
2015 Giant Glory 27,5
O+
Posted: Sep 30, 2015 at 23:26 Quote
Mine has carbon xo DH on a gxp bottom bracket, any 83mm bb crank set should work

Posted: Sep 30, 2015 at 23:33 Quote
kevin267 wrote:
Mine has carbon xo DH on a gxp bottom bracket, any 83mm bb crank set should work
i thought the bb is 92mm

Posted: Oct 1, 2015 at 14:44 Quote
Any one have a vivid air on their 15? Need full details.

Posted: Oct 1, 2015 at 19:09 Quote
makripper wrote:
Any one have a vivid air on their 15? Need full details.

i do

Posted: Oct 2, 2015 at 17:47 Quote
The last few days my bike was riding funny, and then one of the main frame bolts snapped, so I'm suspecting that I might be missing some spacers (I greased all the bearings before the start of the season, and I'm not a very organized person so I wouldn't be surprised if I forgot to put some spacers back).
The bolt that goes through the upper eyelet is sticking out quite a bit (2-3mm). Should I have some spacers in there?

Posted: Oct 2, 2015 at 17:51 Quote
fabdemaere wrote:
The last few days my bike was riding funny, and then one of the main frame bolts snapped, so I'm suspecting that I might be missing some spacers (I greased all the bearings before the start of the season, and I'm not a very organized person so I wouldn't be surprised if I forgot to put some spacers back).
The bolt that goes through the upper eyelet is sticking out quite a bit (2-3mm). Should I have some spacers in there?
yeah, each pivot has a set of spacers between the bearings. man that sucks! good thing bolt kits are cheap! I got a set of spacers/bearings/bolts axels for the whole upper assembly for free (but was shown that it's cost is only 30$)

Posted: Oct 2, 2015 at 18:39 Quote
makripper wrote:
fabdemaere wrote:
yeah, each pivot has a set of spacers between the bearings. man that sucks! good thing bolt kits are cheap! I got a set of spacers/bearings/bolts axels for the whole upper assembly for free (but was shown that it's cost is only 30$)
Thanks a lot! Any idea where I can get a bolt kit? I got one from the bike shop, but it's only axles and bearings, not the spacers

Posted: Oct 14, 2015 at 12:49 Quote
Does anyone know the stock fork steerer length (and possibly minimum length) that the glory comes with? I found a nice 2nd hand boxxer fork but haven't ordered a glory yet and I am wondering if the steerer is long enough.

Posted: Oct 14, 2015 at 13:02 Quote
Aptlynamed wrote:
Does anyone know the stock fork steerer length (and possibly minimum length) that the glory comes with? I found a nice 2nd hand boxxer fork but haven't ordered a glory yet and I am wondering if the steerer is long enough.
go on the website and find the frame only for your glory, then add 3 inches to be safe. you could probably get away with 2 inches plus headtube length, but i'm not 100% sure.

O+
Posted: Oct 14, 2015 at 18:42 Quote
Aptlynamed wrote:

I cut mine to 15cm. It has one 1cm spacer under the top crown, and one above. Stock, there were three 1cm spacers below the top crown, so the stock steerer was probably around 17cm. I ride a Medium. I'd say the minimum you could get away with would be 14cm.

Posted: Oct 14, 2015 at 22:48 Quote
smike wrote:
Aptlynamed wrote:

I cut mine to 15cm. It has one 1cm spacer under the top crown, and one above. Stock, there were three 1cm spacers below the top crown, so the stock steerer was probably around 17cm. I ride a Medium. I'd say the minimum you could get away with would be 14cm.
Thanks for the info!

Posted: Oct 22, 2015 at 23:14 Quote
Picked up a Glory 2 here in oz a couple of weeks ago.

First proper DH bike after having AM bikes for the past 10 years.

It's a lot of fun esp jumping it and so much bike for the money. Got a really good deal on a 2015 model.

All i've done to it so far is remove a preload spacer out of the Domain, changed the grips and tyres to Minion DHF 2.5 ST's instead of the bikepark edition MM's that came with it.

Posted: Nov 2, 2015 at 11:41 Quote
My Glory and me Smile )

photo

O+
Posted: Nov 15, 2015 at 7:07 Quote
hej

Does anyone know the exact weight of 2015er Glory 2 wheelset?

thx

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014979
Mobile Version of Website