Anyone here used a fox float 180mm lowered.to desired travel for dj?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Anyone here used a fox float 180mm lowered.to desired travel for dj?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Sep 4, 2014 at 0:23 Quote
Anyone here ever lowered a 180mm fox float rc2 down to 80 or 100?

Posted: Sep 4, 2014 at 1:08 Quote
I dont think you can just drop 80mm of travel without encountering some serious bottom out issues...

Posted: Sep 4, 2014 at 1:13 Quote
I tried lowering it to 100... But it.became noisy... So i made it to 120 with less noise... But i really want it on 100mm of travel... If it wobt be possible ill get a 160mm 36 and drop it to 100... Thanks for the reply

Posted: Sep 4, 2014 at 1:16 Quote
I'm not too great with suspension tbh, but if it's getting noisy i'd just leave it at 120, although if it's just a squeak rather than a scrape, try 100 and then riding it for a bit, like a burn in.

Posted: Sep 4, 2014 at 1:27 Quote
Its more like a squeak not a scrape... Will test put first this 120mm.. If im not happy with it ill bring it back down to 100mm. Thanks a lot for the information

Posted: Sep 4, 2014 at 1:43 Quote
okay good luck bro, no worries Smile

Posted: Sep 4, 2014 at 3:34 Quote
What kind of a noise is it? I've seen guys lowering Totems to 80mm so it's possible, just not really endorsed by the manufacturer.

How did you originally drop it to 100?

Posted: Sep 6, 2014 at 8:50 Quote
LindLTaylor wrote:
What kind of a noise is it? I've seen guys lowering Totems to 80mm so it's possible, just not really endorsed by the manufacturer.

How did you originally drop it to 100?

i placed four 20mm spacers. it sounds like the spring is veing squished. im not happy with the result of havibg 120mm.. it really feels different...

Posted: Sep 6, 2014 at 11:57 Quote
try changing it for a shorter, stiffer spring Smile

Posted: Sep 6, 2014 at 16:21 Quote
Is yours a solo air or a coil? Coils are tougher, you have to cut the spring (not something I recommend).

Posted: Sep 6, 2014 at 19:23 Quote
GrunderS wrote:
try changing it for a shorter, stiffer spring Smile

by changing the spring you mean the positive and the negative spring on the air.shaft? thanks a lot. I've seen a lot of people lowering their fox float 160mm down to 80mm... so Im hoping to be able.to lower a 180 down.to 100

Posted: Sep 6, 2014 at 19:23 Quote
LindLTaylor wrote:
Is yours a solo air or a coil? Coils are tougher, you have to cut the spring (not something I recommend).

Mine is solo air. thanks!

Posted: Sep 6, 2014 at 20:12 Quote
Failure to read topic title, sorry. Try adding more air pressure. It may be difficult to find a good pressure to run at without blowing something up good, though. What are your options for compression damping?

Posted: Sep 6, 2014 at 22:34 Quote
LindLTaylor wrote:
Failure to read topic title, sorry. Try adding more air pressure. It may be difficult to find a good pressure to run at without blowing something up good, though. What are your options for compression damping?

I dont know what you mean by options for compression damping cause Im a noob with this fox techonology. Mine is rc2. Is that what your asking?

Posted: Sep 7, 2014 at 4:10 Quote
You should have a red knob and a blue knob on the fork somewhere, probably near the top of the stanchions (the part that slides into the lowers). The blue one adjusts how much the fork resists compressing and should either say "compression" or "lockout". If it says compression, try fiddling with it to see if it helps any. For jumping you want it firm, anyway. I usually run my jump fork two "clicks" from locked out.

You should also make sure your rebound (red) isn't too open, or the suspension will push back really hard after you land (bounce you around a lot).

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018350
Mobile Version of Website