Bike trip form Northern California to British Columbia

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Bike trip form Northern California to British Columbia
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Oct 9, 2014 at 14:17 Quote
Hi, my brother and i are trying to plan a trip up to Canada for next summer. We will be driving up and are thinking about going up for 2 weeks. We are probably going to drive to and stay and ride at Ashland Or. for 1 or 2 nights then push all the way to Canada. We are bringing trail bikes and would like to ride Canada's finest trails(xc/am), maybe 1 or 2 days at whistler? We would like to rent a small house for the whole trip, we were thinking in squamish since its in the middle of vancouver and whistler.
What we would like to know is where would it be best to stay, we would like to stay at one location because its cheaper? Best trails and riding in vancouver, vancouver island, Squamish, Whistler, and any other great places? Is whistler worth it, we will have to rent bikes too? Any must stops in Washington (not to out the way please)?
Best time to go during summer? Any other advice/tips?

thanks

Posted: Oct 21, 2014 at 19:06 Quote
Well, first off, welcome! I live about 2hrs from Whistler and to answer your question, it is absolutely worth it. There are endless trails of ALL types - your AM bike will be fine. I rode mine at bike park and its ok for a few days. You can rent as well. But the park is only a fraction of the riding to be had. Squamish has loads and the north shore in vancouver is loaded too. Last week of July and first of August is almost always nice. Crankworx is in Whister around the middle of August and it is awesome but the place is jammed so I prefer to stay away. Same for the Grand Fondo ( a road ride from Vancouver to Whistler) the place is packed and parking is impossible. Check out VRBO to see what rentals are like. Id stay a few days in Vancouver then head up to Whistler for more time. Squamish and Pemberton are 30 ins either side of whistler and likely cheaper - I don't know about renting but VRBO is a good starting point. Nothing in Washingtom will top Whistler, Squamish od the North shore so I'd recommend getting up there asap. Lemme know if I can help...

Posted: Oct 25, 2014 at 11:47 Quote
Thanks for the reply. We are now thinking of staying in Vancouver for a week then Squamish for the other and making a few day trips to whistler and possibly pemberton.

Posted: Oct 27, 2014 at 20:18 Quote
Good call. Squamish has endless trails...

Posted: Jan 11, 2015 at 10:38 Quote
Hey. Bellingham area supposed to have some great riding out there since you will be coming through that way. I personally don't know much else.

Once you.re in b.c. there great riding on the north shore, Squamish, and whistler. The whistler bike park is definately worth checking out. You have lots of good options for rentals for dh sleds up there. The whistler valley trails are also a must. There are trail maps you can buy at the local bike shops as well as the money supporting the trails. There are apps done by trailmapps and the locals guide to the north shore you can buy from the app store for your phone.

Posted: Jan 11, 2015 at 18:38 Quote
Yeah the whistler valley trails look sweet. I'll have to check out the apps, thanks!

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.036457
Mobile Version of Website