Post your Shiver, Dorado or Inverted Fork DH Bike

PB Forum :: Downhill
Post your Shiver, Dorado or Inverted Fork DH Bike
Posted: Apr 21, 2015 at 10:27 Quote
DerkGort wrote:
traveleon wrote:
DerkGort wrote:
Those are looking awesome traveleon!! I need get some of those for me, probably 2sets near the summer! Wink

yup, u go 200mm travel you'll need some jumbo's

Yeah thats the idea! 200mm travel. haha

will do something special for ya like we were discussing

Posted: Apr 21, 2015 at 10:37 Quote
traveleon wrote:
DerkGort wrote:
traveleon wrote:

yup, u go 200mm travel you'll need some jumbo's

Yeah thats the idea! 200mm travel. haha

will do something special for ya like we were discussing

Ha, thanks dude tup

Posted: Apr 22, 2015 at 7:52 Quote
Marz Man Mark is the bomb, my super savior hahaha the guy is going to hook me up with I need to get rolling sweet, got to replace one part to him sometime but super he's basically giving me a loaner, good friend and will always be hooking up with goodies.

Loves the guards so sending him a special pair for his next RC2X Shiver DC, person buying that one of EBay will be getting something super special and unique.

Anybody ever come across a spare pre-load spacer that threads on the pre-load pin under the cap, let me know will send something special back in return, some nice custom decals or something.

Posted: Apr 22, 2015 at 18:29 Quote
ct-lowrider - nah this stem is not flippable. They sell another one which is flippable for hi and low rise.

Derk - Yes that is an ATA cart in my fork. Fairly straightforward mod, though you will need custom machined adaptors for top and bottom. Setting the fork to 200mm with the ata cart is really easy too!

Traveleon - good work on the guards. Why are your making them longer though, as the stock length is fine if you are only increasing the fork height by 10mm.

Posted: Apr 22, 2015 at 19:21 Quote
mountainjew wrote:
ct-lowrider - nah this stem is not flippable. They sell another one which is flippable for hi and low rise.

Derk - Yes that is an ATA cart in my fork. Fairly straightforward mod, though you will need custom machined adaptors for top and bottom. Setting the fork to 200mm with the ata cart is really easy too!

Traveleon - good work on the guards. Why are your making them longer though, as the stock length is fine if you are only increasing the fork height by 10mm.

not with the RC2X cartridges the overall length was increased by a bit, so had to lengthen the guards 20mm since that was the increase if not the guards clip the seals which would not be good.

Posted: Apr 22, 2015 at 19:26 Quote
the guard is not sitting fully properly but non the less way too short for the RC2X cartridges.

Shiver DC RC2XVA mod Gained some height. Was totally right on having to make my new guards a fair bit taller special for the height of my crappy MX home made guards.

Posted: Apr 23, 2015 at 0:12 Quote
mountainjew wrote:

Cool, looks really good! tup

Posted: Apr 23, 2015 at 10:30 Quote
My RC2X Shiver DC special edition decals 1/2 way there can't wait for my lettering to be done and put on.

Should made a few changes next time since I can replace bits of it when I don't like it anymore.

My RC2X Shiver DC special edition decals 1 2 way there can t wait for my lettering to be done and put on.

Posted: Apr 23, 2015 at 10:51 Quote
Like that eh, was a bugger to do the gold stuff wasn't the greatest but ever shinny Smile know who I'll be getting it from now on my carbon black and red I got the stuff is the bomb, but when I decide to redo it I got some super plans for it to make it that much more, but will see once my lettering finally gets done for me and I lay it out, definitely going to catch some eye turners this year haha.

Posted: Apr 23, 2015 at 11:06 Quote
what's the rest of the bike looking like?

Posted: Apr 23, 2015 at 12:37 Quote
Bromaphobe wrote:
what's the rest of the bike looking like?

Was going to do the frame in gun metal black but decided to restore it back to the original with a little extra haha but also waiting on my new DHX 5.0, X0 crank, Mavic 721 wheels " reason I went with the original color paint to match " new tires and bunch of other goodies to come in.
The Shiver is really only waiting on the parts from Marz Man Mark and I'll be assembling it for now till I can collect up the other goodies I want for it to do the complete RC2-X2 setup which I've finally decided to do over the RC2X with custom Ti springs from lite-spring.com and I'll probably redo my decals then to the ultimate.

Posted: Apr 24, 2015 at 12:49 Quote
Well you guys were asking how the rest of the A-Line is doing, here's a glimpse of what I got going on, my custom red carbon fiber stone chip armor.

2006 Norco A-Line swing arm stone chip carbon armor.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015562
Mobile Version of Website