Post your Shiver, Dorado or Inverted Fork DH Bike

PB Forum :: Downhill
Post your Shiver, Dorado or Inverted Fork DH Bike
Posted: Mar 24, 2015 at 9:57 Quote
DerkGort wrote:
Decembersveryown wrote:
But the upgrade isn't something I'd carry out myself, I thought about doing the service myself but in the end chickened out and took it to a shop.

The demo is only a 2007 but hopefully a big upgrade on my bighit.
Nice one. leave the shiver on it man! will look nice! get some pics when its done broughtr it to a shop? they are easy to do, realy. next time you will do ir probably. Wink

Looks like I better get the shiver re painted then.. Lol.

Will get pics soon, need some parts, wheels, brakes etc.

I wish I had done it myself, just didn't dare! Ha

Posted: Mar 24, 2015 at 9:59 Quote
Decembersveryown wrote:
DerkGort wrote:
Decembersveryown wrote:
But the upgrade isn't something I'd carry out myself, I thought about doing the service myself but in the end chickened out and took it to a shop.

The demo is only a 2007 but hopefully a big upgrade on my bighit.
Nice one. leave the shiver on it man! will look nice! get some pics when its done broughtr it to a shop? they are easy to do, realy. next time you will do ir probably. Wink

get them painted like darkish purple, thats nice and original!
lol

Posted: Mar 24, 2015 at 10:59 Quote
Yeah man keep the Shivers you'll regret getting rid of them since there are very few forks that compare to it specially the reliability, mine have never given me an issue even when they were running like crap with a vent leak, but I'll be posting a picture guide for the RC2X for everybody of the cart setup so you all know what to do mines just about done just a few things left and then onto figuring out a good set of Ti springs for it but can tell you all it's a massive decrease in weight so far can't believe it think so far a Lbs has been knocked off maybe a bit more and the high speed valving change makes a huge of a difference with the high speed bump stop, the RC2XVA is the ultimate cart though, rare to find though, I've found they have air compression valving inside to give better volume displacement so instead of needing to burp it more often it uses the air build up as positive pressure on the rebound strokes.

Posted: Mar 24, 2015 at 11:38 Quote
DerkGort wrote:
Decembersveryown wrote:
DerkGort wrote:

get them painted like darkish purple, thats nice and original!
lol

Haha, they're a bright green now, so purple would be a good sensible in between. But that would mean painting the frame too. This is gonna get expensive haha

Posted: Mar 24, 2015 at 11:39 Quote
traveleon wrote:
Yeah man keep the Shivers you'll regret getting rid of them since there are very few forks that compare to it specially the reliability, mine have never given me an issue even when they were running like crap with a vent leak, but I'll be posting a picture guide for the RC2X for everybody of the cart setup so you all know what to do mines just about done just a few things left and then onto figuring out a good set of Ti springs for it but can tell you all it's a massive decrease in weight so far can't believe it think so far a Lbs has been knocked off maybe a bit more and the high speed valving change makes a huge of a difference with the high speed bump stop, the RC2XVA is the ultimate cart though, rare to find though, I've found they have air compression valving inside to give better volume displacement so instead of needing to burp it more often it uses the air build up as positive pressure on the rebound strokes.

Shall I just ship them over to you? Lol

Posted: Mar 24, 2015 at 11:41 Quote
Are inverted forks good?

Posted: Mar 24, 2015 at 12:17 Quote
Decembersveryown wrote:
traveleon wrote:

Shall I just ship them over to you? Lol
Can I add mine to this shipment?lol

Posted: Mar 24, 2015 at 12:18 Quote
ncaplan wrote:
Are inverted forks good?
yes

Posted: Mar 24, 2015 at 12:28 Quote
ncaplan wrote:
Are inverted forks good?

One of the best I'd say since instead of the goose neck of the frame diving into the suspension travel the front tire moves into the frame so it's like the front of the frame isn't moving but the front tire is, there has to be a reason motor cross companies veered away from the standardize fork to the inverted platform and it has to do with stopping the frame from diving forward with the suspension and to have the tires and suspension move with the terrain not the entire bike.

There's only a handful of forks out there I'd buy and they're all inverts, high ones on my list are MRP and White Brother Groove next it be a DVO but not for that price lol but lately been pondering on a DMN USD since they are so cheap and just to mess about with bummer is right out of the box they need to be torn down and re-tuned and setup but for $400 new what you expect.

Building you a RC2X Shiver DC not to sure on that one cost you more in shipping than anything else lol also you'd have a way easier time to get the parts than I would from UKBikesStore which is in the UK and tell you to do the basic setup it's a breeze just tear down and rebuild basically if you don't go overboard it take you the afternoon to do, recommend now your seals are done sometime tear it down and put it back together and play with your oil heights to find where you like it and it gets you use to the tear down.

Posted: Mar 24, 2015 at 13:24 Quote
I haven't got them back yet, they've had them for a week and I've heard nothing yet Frown

I'll spruce all parts and send them over with the forks to you, you're pretty much the shiver master haha Smile

Posted: Mar 24, 2015 at 13:40 Quote
Decembersveryown wrote:
I haven't got them back yet, they've had them for a week and I've heard nothing yet Frown

I'll spruce all parts and send them over with the forks to you, you're pretty much the shiver master haha Smile

Bahahaha nope no master here just love my fork and learned what I needed about it lol there's a bunch of us with lots of knowledge on the Shivers like Shinny-Side-Up and DerkGort just takes time to research, but do know there's one that is the master and he built those ones on Ebay which will be coming up with another very soon for sale, but hes also an entire Marzocchi master guy has it down pretty well pat on any Marzocchi fork any one of his builds are to perfection, well find out when Shinny-Side-Up gets his for sure want to hear the review on that bad boy.

Here's mine so far, just need the new caps and a few other odds and ends waiting to hear back from the guys at Marzocchi Canada about the last few parts I need also to make my taller stanchion guards my stock height Homemade ones are just a bit short lol

Shiver DC RC2XVA mod Only things left are the taller guards to do my cap mod to have the 888 RC2XVA Upper Control Knobs and fix up my compression cart base nut and locate a lower compression knob then the beast will be all done for now lol feels amazing dry though what a difference in performance.

Posted: Mar 24, 2015 at 15:42 Quote
Shiny-side-up is an awesome guy, he rescued me with a spare adjuster!!

I will stick with the shiver on the new frame then, wonder what they'll look like on the demo.

Will I need to get them stripped down for paint? Or can they be painted whilst built up? (The shivers).

Not sure whether to get some forks for the big hit and keep it, or just sell it on hmmmm, that's for a different thread.

Posted: Mar 24, 2015 at 19:27 Quote
Here's a revamp on the webpage so much work to do had to take a break to work on the Shivers lol but a bit of the materials are on the way and will have a few guard decal sets up for sale, will show you guys my Collectors edition decal set I plan to do up soon as it's done lol gonna be so pretty lol

http://wcc-designs.wix.com/wcc-designs

And Shiny-Side-Up is the man always willing to try and help but as a community we need to stick together and try and help each other out as best we can No ? and the RC2X building for you all, still up on the drawing board on that one would cost you guys a bit of coin to do but probably be cheaper than a shop lol will post the part numbers of everything except the foot nut since I'm still kinda pondering that one for an alternate over using the stock one.

Posted: Mar 24, 2015 at 19:40 Quote
703745LA/C REB.CARTR.888 RC2X '06 TR.200 X 2
or 1 and 703746LA/C COMPR.CARTR.888 RC2X'06 TR.200- X cart

529220 PROGRESS.SPACER 888 '06 X 2 you need 2

549090KR>B COMPRESSION ALUM. KNOB X 2 if you plan to do dual rebound carts

if you use the X-cart you need this nut it's the stock one and works fine
5321199AC NUT UNIT - 66 /888 FORKS

The other foot nut is a bit smaller, so loose it has side to side play which concerns me probably be fine with my o-ring shim fix to align the cart center but rather something better, but seems to work well no leaks, flexing or shifting so far lol long as it's tight and straight.

The other pieces you steal from your shiver carts to make a perfect fit and seal, like the pre-load adjuster pin with it's nut the pre-load spacer and also the inner rebound rod, you'll need to make a new pre-load spacer stack I was able to snag the ones from the RC2XVA, but my plan is to find a taller spring to take up the spacing and to make the fork a bit more firmer within it's travel strokes, well that's the theory of course I hope lol

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.036950
Mobile Version of Website